IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Late to the party, but OK
If Trump (or Cruz, or Ryan, or Paul, or Walker, or Brownback or anyone else in the vast rogues’ gallery comprising the XXI century GOP, but let’s assume that it’ll be Trump) is the other sides’s standard-bearer three years from now, then yes, I do want you “and every other Bernie supporter who chose to sit out or vote third party in 2016” to vote for the Democrat whether or not the candidate’s doctrinal purity meets your superlatively saintly standards, and frankly, if you’re planning to make that decision on the basis of whether I “insult” you or not, you’re way more feckless than I imagined. If the house is on fire, you don’t step out of the bucket brigade because it’s not using Perrier to fight the flames—unless, of course, you’re secretly hoping the house will burn down so that you can gloat “I told you so,” or imagine that a glorious edifice of spun sugar will magically rise on the site of the conflagration.

My political prognostications may be discounted to the extent that, like many another, I did not believe that the short-fingered vulgarian would go all the way, but for what it’s worth, I doubt that Clinton will run again, although boxley in his fever swamps (“box has a point,” as you said below? Yeah, and it fits neatly over his head) would have you believe that Soros is even now putting the fix in, but I do not doubt that whoever lands the party's nomination in 2020 will be no one you’d deign to vote for (pardon me; vote for).

It may be that the present 39% of Trump supporters represents a solid cellar floor beneath which he cannot sink. In that case, a sufficient number of people have to be sufficiently alarmed at where his gang has taken the country to get out and vote for the lesser evil (and it will always be no better than the lesser of two evils to people like you), because it’s less evil, rather than treating the election as an opportunity to make an affirmation of personal virtue. I imagine that this is the course you will—pardon the expression—elect.

Hope that cleared up your serious question.

cordially,
New If your attitude is prevalent, 2020's general is going to be close.
The Democratic Party has been kicking the Left in the teeth since 1976 because they figured, rightly, that the Left had no place else to go. 2016 might be the first election for which that strategy failed. If they stick with that strategy and put another moderate Republican at the top of the ticket again, it might not be the last.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New speaking of attitude
Seen elsewhere:
On a recent episode of the popular podcast Chapo Trap House, co-host Will Menaker used a memorable metaphor in addressing calls for unity on the left. “Republicans in control of politics, that’s the problem,” he began. “However, to the pragmatists out there and the people who don’t like purity in politics, yes, let’s come together. But get this through your fucking head: You must bend the knee to us. Not the other way around. You have been proven as failures, and your entire worldview has been discredited. You bend the knee to us and then let’s fucking work together to defeat these things, not with fucking means testing or market-based solutions but with a powerful social democratic message.”
Oh, my goodness! How can these mean people possibly imagine they’ll win me over by insulting me? Where are my pearls? Where’s the fainting couch?

vaporously,
New Do you want to be right, or do you want to win?
bcnu,
Mikem

New Is that really you asking that question?
--

Drew
New Isn't it clear Right leaning Democrats can't?
bcnu,
Mikem

New Democrats picked up House and Senate seats in 2016. So much for "can't win"...
New Oh, so that put in the majority. My Bad. How'd State governments do?
bcnu,
Mikem

Serious question for Rand. - (mmoffitt) - (39)
         Hillary's done - (malraux)
         Can I answer this one? - (drook) - (21)
             I'm certain (although no time to actually document)... - (mmoffitt) - (20)
                 Fair enough - (drook) - (19)
                     I sure do think that. - (mmoffitt) - (18)
                         That explains a lot - (drook) - (2)
                             Those people are called Republicans. They just don't want to fess up in polite company. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                             By Jove!, this sane discussion is a pukka partial-Reason - (Ashton)
                         You seem to be intentionally confusing things. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                             as you may be. The elction is over in 2020 there is a new one - (boxley) - (4)
                                 WND and the like will rot your brain. I've told you that for years now... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                     havent read wnd since I called farah out on BS and he wouldnt budge - (boxley) - (2)
                                         I call bullshit - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                             I dont care if you have insensitive testicles - (boxley)
                             box has a point. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                 Meh. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                     Re: Tell me about the equivalent to Obamacare that Johnson passed. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         Medicare and Medicaid grew into great programs. They didn't start that way. - (Another Scott)
                                     already gave you two, begich and franken - (boxley) - (1)
                                         I like Franken a lot. Don't know Begich much at all. We'll see. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 Yeah, the champions of do-not-WANT-to-understand supporting each other. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                     Sanders is "an appauling ally"? -NT - (mmoffitt)
                             And it's obvious-enough shorthand that to not understand it, you have to WANT to not understand it. -NT - (CRConrad)
         Late to the party, but OK - (rcareaga) - (7)
             If your attitude is prevalent, 2020's general is going to be close. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                 speaking of attitude - (rcareaga) - (5)
                     Do you want to be right, or do you want to win? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                         Is that really you asking that question? -NT - (drook) - (3)
                             Isn't it clear Right leaning Democrats can't? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                 Democrats picked up House and Senate seats in 2016. So much for "can't win"... -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     Oh, so that put in the majority. My Bad. How'd State governments do? -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Gotcher liberal condescension right here - (rcareaga) - (7)
             Ah, mind reading! :) - (a6l6e6x)
             The closing paragraph is a killer. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                 You know it's satire, and not written by Gore, right? -NT - (drook) - (4)
                     My (perhaps charitable) reading - (rcareaga) - (3)
                         You had it right the first time. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                             well, then, we’ve established still more common ground -NT - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                 There's more common ground than not, imo. -NT - (mmoffitt)

A vacation you’ll talk about for years to come, at AA meetings.
215 ms