IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What is it going to take?
On Monday he [Donnie Jr] tweeted sarcastically: "Obviously I'm the first person on a campaign to ever take a meeting to hear info about an opponent."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40560191

He explicitly stated that the reason for the meeting was to get op research from Russia!
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Did anyone here ever see "Dark Star"?
I'm repeatedly reminded of the exact last quip heard from the Smart Interstellar Bomb, (before he/it clammed-up, then ... did what It Did.)
(A foolish crew member had explained to him/it his position, existential facts about the communiques from Outside to Him.)

You are false data!! sayeth It, in a falsetto petulant voice.

Once again Art presages idiotic-human-behavior ... but hardly anyone paid attention. Until after.
[Back to bully Teddy]

What a shitty soap-opera we've conjured up out of pure micro-fibre-Dumbth.
(Just after the Revolution, surely the New Constitution will have an Amendment #1 allowing us to Tar&Feather that entire family-of-dunces.
An annual Holiday will keep the memories alive..)
New Interesting you used the word "dunce."
After Donald Jr tweeted his last, I thought, "What an idiot! He just conceded that the reason he accepted the meeting was to get op research from the Russians." Conceded guilt in other words. Then I thought, "Is it that the entire Drumpf family is as stupid as they look? Or is it that the entire Drumpf family has never seen a rule of any kind that they believe applies to them?" I'm inclined to believe the latter since that appears a common belief among the inhabitants of that shitty little island between the Hudson and East Rivers.
bcnu,
Mikem

New NY Post agrees with you.
Murdoch's NY Post: Donald Trump Jr. is an idiot
In the heat of your father’s presidential campaign, a bozo British publicist emails you to set up a sit-down with a “Russian government attorney” promising “documents and information” to “incriminate Hillary” courtesy of the “Crown prosecutor of Russia” as “part of” the Russian government’s “support” for Dad — and you eagerly take the meeting.

“If it’s what you say I love it,” wrote Junior. As if the government of former KGB spymaster Vladimir Putin would do anything so clumsy. (Our former colleague Kyle Smith put it nicely: “Don Jr. is why Nigerian email scammers keep trying their luck.”)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New As Adam Silverman on Balloon-Juice reminds us...
Counter Intelligence investigations always take a long time. (Among other things, the investigators and prosecutors have to find ways to be able to release the evidence without compromising "sources and methods".)

Yes, it's infuriating. Yes, these are dangerous times for the USA and her people. But patience, grasshopper.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Understood.
But what I marvel at is this. How's it possible that still nearly 4 in 10 Americans approve of Drumpf's governance?
bcnu,
Mikem

New It's tribal.
And too many on the "left" reinforce Republican memes.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Yeah, I think I'm falling into that group myself. ;0(
But, damn it, exactly how stupid are they? I mean, I can't be kind about this anymore.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Simply, facts don't matter to these folks.
The only thing we have going for us is that, if Mitch McConnell gets his way, these people will be dying off at a greater rate.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Agreed. 'Tis almost enough to make one hope for passage.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Here it is in a picture.
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x July 19, 2017, 04:46:37 PM EDT
New "A faith that makes losing a sin will make cheating a sacrament."
words from Michael Gerson, WaPo columnist.
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
New I salute the grandmother of this sentiment, though:
If men could get pregnant abortion would be a sacrament.

from *Zyklon-B
* a poem by Julie Enszer

also: the German-anti-society-Dow-equivalent ™ for Cyanogen Bromide, main content of the canisters dropped into 'brausebads' ...
(as, like in any Drumpf statement whatsoever: *bogus* ..they just Looked-like showers, these annihilation chambers.)
New Yep, that one crossed my mind.
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
     What is it going to take? - (mmoffitt) - (13)
         Did anyone here ever see "Dark Star"? - (Ashton) - (2)
             Interesting you used the word "dunce." - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 NY Post agrees with you. - (a6l6e6x)
         As Adam Silverman on Balloon-Juice reminds us... - (Another Scott) - (6)
             Understood. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                 It's tribal. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     Yeah, I think I'm falling into that group myself. ;0( - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                         Simply, facts don't matter to these folks. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                             Agreed. 'Tis almost enough to make one hope for passage. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                             Here it is in a picture. - (a6l6e6x)
         "A faith that makes losing a sin will make cheating a sacrament." - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             I salute the grandmother of this sentiment, though: - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Yep, that one crossed my mind. -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Aw, good for him.
129 ms