IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New He's not a fan of clarity, is he?
The entire article felt like he was talking about what he was talking about. Like he was presenting analysis of the thoughts in his head without telling us what those thoughts were. We were supposed to infer from the analysis.
--

Drew
New "How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
my soul can reach while feeling out of sight
for the ends of being and ideal grace
..."

--Eliz Browning neé Barrett

Unclear here if.. one can parse the neuronal origins of poesy ... let alone those of actual poetry
Obscurity may be unavoidable but.. still..
(There's Billy Collins! a contemporary even: to show how close you Can come to transparency, no?)
New Yup.
It was a good piece. Charlie's a great writer when he wants to be.

He took (yet another) kinda forgettable piece from the NYTimes about how poor and middle-class white Trump voters are doing, and related their unease to the unease that too many people have had since the founding of the country. And did it with (prose) poetry.

Thanks for the pointer.

Cheers,
Scott.
New I think his imprecision was intentional, and 'unease' a word which begs for customization,
no? May well be projecting but, the more you ever noticed of your enviro, from early-on till yesterday, the longer your list of where 'Murican' and 'disappointment' converge. (For many of us, that is.)
So maybe Charlie was twitting all & everyone to re-view one's own history of not-noticing? maybe. So it was..

sub-rosa ... and subtle-enough--so as not to evoke Didn't!/Did too!--knee-jerk defenses against other ingrained Murican tribal-characteristics
[Alex's's sig covers the %anti-intellect content] add next just garden variety hypocrisy, that which slops-over from the frequent -religio, then -financial and on to -xenophobic
forms of these Christian-'sins' which have more colours than a chameleon (I wot.)

Aside from that-all, we still came up with The Marshall Plan, the G.I. Bill and many other both altruistic and laudable-Goods. :-) Which must be added just here,
(considering the frequent deflection-angle of those Scales of Justice, {{sigh}} when nobody important is watching closely..)

So. Then. We gotta get this entire platoon of 100%-certified Grifters ... away from the levers of power soon. FOUR years would envelop too much irreversible destruction.
Pence has to go too, so either mobs/torches? or a simply unprecedented re-Constitutional Convention, arranged at lightning speed.
You wouldn't let your 3.5 yo play with blasting caps, would you?

qed
New Yup. Speaking of Pence...
He visited the KSC today (with Rubio and a few others).

It went about as well as you might imagine...

:-/

Cheers,
Scott.
New Jeebus, he's dense
--

Drew
New Makes me proud to be a Hoosier. </sarcasm>
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Re: Yup. Speaking of Pence...
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Yup. NASA's tweet response is too close to "blaming the victim"
https://twitter.com/NASA/status/883415828389122051

As someone comments, "what else are they going to say"?

:-/

Cheers,
Scott.
New wow! disgusting, grabbing strange vagajay in front of his wife, worse than Trump!
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Smoky Stover sez ... Nov schmoz kapop
     Chas. Pierce's July -5th essay, The Great American Shadow - (Ashton) - (14)
         I hope a part of that is true, but I have doubts. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
             GM~~TA but.. - (Ashton)
             The Jeffersonians - (scoenye)
         He's not a fan of clarity, is he? - (drook) - (10)
             "How do I love thee? - (Ashton) - (9)
                 Yup. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                     I think his imprecision was intentional, and 'unease' a word which begs for customization, - (Ashton) - (7)
                         Yup. Speaking of Pence... - (Another Scott) - (6)
                             Jeebus, he's dense -NT - (drook)
                             Makes me proud to be a Hoosier. </sarcasm> -NT - (mmoffitt)
                             Re: Yup. Speaking of Pence... - (malraux) - (3)
                                 Yup. NASA's tweet response is too close to "blaming the victim" - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     wow! disgusting, grabbing strange vagajay in front of his wife, worse than Trump! -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Smoky Stover sez ... Nov schmoz kapop -NT - (Ashton)

Gerbils! Gerbils and Peruvian Flake!
102 ms