IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I hope a part of that is true, but I have doubts.
The New York Times went out to northern California and talked to some more people whose major complaint seems to be that what they thought the country meant to them, all the things they took for granted, had been pulled out from under them. This kind of story is a genre of its own these days, and the subtext of every entry in the genre is a feeling among the people in them that they were Americans, dammit. This kind of thing shouldn't happen to people like them.

I see precious little evidence of this sense of betrayal in my region of the flyover area. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's not give these cretins more credit than they deserve. Let's remind ourselves that today, July 6, 2017 sees pResident Trump with a Thirty-nine per cent approval rating nationally. I, regrettably, remain unconvinced that the 90 million or so of us that make up that 39% will ever possess the situational awareness required to realize they've been had. And for that reason, I think the likelihood of Trump's re-election in 2020 is substantially north of zero. Drumpf's strategy is clear: those useful idiots elected me the first time. I didn't need anyone but them. They're all I need. He might be right.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New GM~~TA but..
while the robotic/likely immanent mentation shall doubtless zombie-on..
(and while it will take a little time for the smashing ... of all safety-nets ... to achieve its rotten-fruition)

This may mean that '18 may not dawn as being the XIIIth-level-of Dante's nether-domiciles.
but by '20 ... when Aunt Maude is still in the living room of the double-wide/ all immovable/ and won't take her meds

I suspect that a %growing of these, having compared notes over a couple cases of Bud-Light {ugh} may finally recognize The Flim Flam Man-child, who put the tot in Hottentot.

'Course I could be wrong again (never adequately anticipated BHO's capacity for facing huge challenges from ..under the bed?) either :-/
New The Jeffersonians
It is a quite active group of separatists who want to split off the northern part of California and merge with the southern part of Oregon to form a new state, their way.
     Chas. Pierce's July -5th essay, The Great American Shadow - (Ashton) - (14)
         I hope a part of that is true, but I have doubts. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
             GM~~TA but.. - (Ashton)
             The Jeffersonians - (scoenye)
         He's not a fan of clarity, is he? - (drook) - (10)
             "How do I love thee? - (Ashton) - (9)
                 Yup. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                     I think his imprecision was intentional, and 'unease' a word which begs for customization, - (Ashton) - (7)
                         Yup. Speaking of Pence... - (Another Scott) - (6)
                             Jeebus, he's dense -NT - (drook)
                             Makes me proud to be a Hoosier. </sarcasm> -NT - (mmoffitt)
                             Re: Yup. Speaking of Pence... - (malraux) - (3)
                                 Yup. NASA's tweet response is too close to "blaming the victim" - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     wow! disgusting, grabbing strange vagajay in front of his wife, worse than Trump! -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Smoky Stover sez ... Nov schmoz kapop -NT - (Ashton)

POW, right through the window, 12 inches of steel!
43 ms