IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Teeth.. well-water (no F) and epidemic of children's rotted teeth
As usual the Southern States lead, but fizzy drinks' etc. are (we all know.)

The tragedy of “Mountain Dew mouth” and the U.S.’s insane approach to dental care
Lack of dental care is causing a mouthful of trouble — and it will get worse
ANNA SANFORD,

In a region long undergoing a cultural and economic crisis, Appalachia’s thirst for Mountain Dew is perhaps the lesser of many evils. Opioid addiction, smoking, chewing tobacco, lack of access to municipal water systems, and the necessary preoccupation with getting food on the table over worrying about nutritional value are also having an enormous effect on people’s teeth. The soda is ruining teeth, in an epidemic known as “Mountain Dew-mouth.” The acid causes erosion and the sugar abets decay.

“I would see a lot of kids who had a mouth full of rotting teeth,” Dr. Edwin Smith, a traveling dentist who drove his mobile dental truck for 12 years throughout Kentucky, told CNN last September. “They were in pain, and they’d be hurting at school.”

In Kentucky, the state with highest proportion of adults under 65 without teeth, Smith has witnessed the extremes of Mountain Dew-mouth—toddlers with baby teeth filled with cavities, kids who won’t brush their teeth because of inflamed gums, and teenagers who have pulled out their own rotting teeth with pliers.

So many near-insoluble Problems; so few functioning minds + $$$ ..to shovel against the tide.
That uninterrupted negative-slope of the dis-US since mid-1968? ..still on track.
New There's light at the end of the tunnel. Dale Jr is retiring,
Lemme know if more info is needed ;-)
New Were it that simple! :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New It might be
Nascar fans are extremely brand loyal to their drivers.
--

Drew
     Teeth.. well-water (no F) and epidemic of children's rotted teeth - (Ashton) - (3)
         There's light at the end of the tunnel. Dale Jr is retiring, - (scoenye) - (2)
             Were it that simple! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 It might be - (drook)

Grrrr, watch me beat my chest.
69 ms