IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I can't believe this form of propaganda has survived as long as it has.
The motto of Republican and New Democratic tax plans since at least Reagan has been, "from the needy to the greedy." That this Lafferable philosophy would cause any economy to crater has been obvious to virtually all sentient beings (those who benefit from such nonsense, of course, pretend to believe the propaganda that this will help an economy).

All one really needs to know about "Supply Side" economics should have been learned in the 1980's.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Re: Before dying by suicide, finally some Repos woke up in Kansas.
NY Times opinion piece:
Hear me out. Kansas, under Gov. Sam Brownback, has come as close as we’ve ever gotten in the United States to conducting a perfect experiment in supply-side economics. The conservative governor, working with a conservative State Legislature, in the home state of the conservative Koch brothers, took office in 2011 vowing sharp cuts in taxes and state spending, except for education — and promising that those policies would unleash boundless growth.
o o o
The experiment has been a disaster. Mr. Brownback is widely disliked. If he has anything to be grateful for, it’s the existence of Gov. Chris Christie, Republican of New Jersey, who recently swiped from him the title of the nation’s most unpopular governor, which Mr. Brownback had held for the better part of three years.

Finally, even the Republican Kansas Legislature faced reality. Earlier this year it passed tax increases, which the governor vetoed. Last Tuesday, the legislators overrode the veto.
[edit] add link to relevant Wichita news article

Wichita Eagle: "Lawmakers override Brownback veto of tax increases, rolling back 2012 cuts"
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x June 12, 2017, 04:11:29 PM EDT
     Trump's tax plan's shining example - (scoenye) - (2)
         I can't believe this form of propaganda has survived as long as it has. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             Re: Before dying by suicide, finally some Repos woke up in Kansas. - (a6l6e6x)

I just KNEW the Good Humor Man was behind this...
38 ms