IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I hope this comes to a theater near me
http://www.thedailybeast.com/how-fox-news-and-the-right-wing-media-machine-made-my-dad-crazy

Gradually, my Dad had become a completely different person. He was angry all the time, and you couldn’t discuss anything remotely political with him. At the same time, he tried to engage everyone he met to talk about politics, and always tried to find out what “team” they were on. If we didn’t agree with him, he got angry with us. And he wouldn’t stop sending these strange emails. My older brother blocked him first, then I did, and then my younger brother did. My mother was so unhappy with the change in him that she resolved to email him back, hoping beyond hope that he would question some of these newly held beliefs and return to being himself.
--

Drew
New Thanks for link! I, too, hope I that film comes to my area.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New '5 Clues James Comey Left Behind'
..is down the page, too..

Third the waiting-line to see, The Brainwashing of My Dad .... who knoze (or could know) how many?? family groups in the long-running-dis-US
are experiencing a similar brain-rot personality change. But ALL would wish to Know, I wot:
Is this disease {ever} reversible?

{{sigh}} I guess I should have expected this devolution (should I have copped to the idea that.. My Gramma™'s mental disease just might be transmissible)
..should any Evil-cabal throw $Ms at the propaganda and make it into a production theatre..

But I didn't cop to that threat; too young to have plumbed the depths of pecuniary$$$-disease as main motivators among the most scurrilous, oft vituperative masses. Just as well; had I fully grasped the actual History of the USA, kenned its undeniable Slaver-roots THEN? Fuck, I'd likely have needed heroin and its magical ^peaceful State^--that doesn't last--and be pushing a shopping cart by now. No kid should have this knowledge at an impressionable age:
it could lead to becoming Drumpfish, in a trice. Actually, I think.
New I used to listen to Rush
In my late 20s I drove a lot for work, and talk radio made the time pass much faster. (I've since discovered audiobooks.) Rush was entertaining. I eventually got bored when I realized he kept recycling the schtick.

There are some pundits I follow now who keep beating the drum for certain pet issues - Dean Baker and Paul Krugman, for instance - but that's more documenting the ongoing repetition of Republican talking points. I don't think I could listen to three hours of that daily, even though I agree with them.

Point being, I think there's something in your personality that determines whether you can keep listening to the same thing all the time.
--

Drew
New Ignore, dupe
In my late 20s I drove a lot for work, and talk radio made the time pass much faster. (I've since discovered audiobooks.) Rush was entertaining. I eventually got bored when I realized he kept recycling the schtick.

There are some pundits I follow now who keep beating the drum for certain pet issues - Dean Baker and Paul Krugman, for instance - but that's more documenting the ongoing repetition of Republican talking points. I don't think I could listen to three hours of that daily, even though I agree with them.

Point being, I think there's something in your personality that determines whether you can keep listening to the same thing all the time.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook June 8, 2017, 08:58:47 PM EDT
New Belatedly..
Maybe lots of day jobs need radio to escape (bizness, of whatever form?) But what Kind of 'radio', eh?
Believe I first heard about Rush via local UPS driver, who clearly dug the routine. I tuned in once, heard My Gramma, etc.

(Had he asked moi, later on.. I might have found a few words of the sort ... "he seems quite Certain of his views, no? maybe adding something about, "a debate would be great sport..)

And so it goes..
A Nation of too-many Fatheads with a Crook-family in Charge. Odds?
     I hope this comes to a theater near me - (drook) - (5)
         Thanks for link! I, too, hope I that film comes to my area. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         '5 Clues James Comey Left Behind' - (Ashton) - (3)
             I used to listen to Rush - (drook)
             Ignore, dupe - (drook) - (1)
                 Belatedly.. - (Ashton)

Not a wholesome trottin' race, no!
85 ms