IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New finally had that lunch
…and boy-howdy! The story was more lurid by a league than I, with the worst will in the world, had been prepared to imagine. I’m actually rather surprised the guy wasn’t frogmarched out of the building in bracelets. IANAL, and maybe there’s some legal standard of which I’m not aware that has to be met before the word “embezzlement” (by no means the only particular in the figurative bill of indictment) can be tossed around, but I’m astonished, as is my informant, that the high sheriffs at BDS took as long as they did to shitcan the guy.

Amusing personal note: I never learned what it was that lay behind the almost impersonal animus the ex-boss (about thirteen years my junior) displayed, mainly in the form of malign neglect, in his dealings with me, but there was one bit of active dirt he did me that I particularly resented when he reduced my office real estate by half, on two days notice, a couple of years ago. Under previous regimes such a decision might have been made, but I’d have been summoned in advance of the fact to mahogany row and given a blindfold and a cigarette. You know: “Rand, we’re terribly sorry, but the space is needed, good of the organization, good lad, knew you’d understand.” Nah. The head of our Redacted Unit—not the International Division, which has fallen on hard times indeed, but an outfit that feeds off the import/export side of the business—came to me one day and said “You have to clear all this shit out of here by Friday.” Turns out the objective here was not to inflict hardship on moi, but to assist the head of Redacted in her empire building, one of many, many favors lavished on her by the now-disgraced boss, who was banging her (she ultimately turned “state’s evidence” once the mountain of misconduct could no longer be ignored, and while she remains on the payroll, she’s been given to understand that she should probably not make long-range plans based on any expectation of a rise through the managerial ranks here). Accordingly, l’affaire Room 110 at least served as one admittedly minuscule element in the case against the boss. Not that I’m getting the real estate back, but hell, with four months to go, who gives a shit?

cordially,
New Wow, you lead (or have led) such a thriller-like life!
Shades of, wossname, Demi Moore sexually harrassing Michael Douglas... Ah, Disclosure. (Thank you, IMDB Advanced Search!) Not with you as mr Douglas, and apparently with the roles reversed, but still; the feel of the whole thing.

My real estate at work consists of a desk and a little chest of drawers on rollers -- the latter of which encroaches on the space below the former, so the total is less than the sum of the parts. I ain't pitying you too much.
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New Oddly enough, I’ve seen your office.
Like the high ceiling, though. Just fetched out the tape measure and determined that my remaining workspace is (approximately, and rounded down) a reasonably commodious nineteen feet wide by twenty-one feet deep, a little over four hundred square feet in total. That would be about thirty-eight square meters, for those of you who subscribe to the atheistic “metric” scheme of weights and measures. Of course, all that area doesn’t keep the place from being intolerably cluttered, since it has to accommodate books, equipment and supplies that in the palmier days of my political fortunes (and when the office was actually staffed and had a sort of budget) were strewn out across thrice the acreage. The first third was easier to lose than the second one. But stay!—I see rivulets of compassion starting from your eyes, and I cannot bear it when you weep.

cordially,
Expand Edited by rcareaga June 7, 2017, 02:41:52 PM EDT
New My favorite part of that clip ... note the office numbers
--

Drew
New What's so funny about those?
DZ-015 and DV-048... I don't get it. That they're not contiguous?
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New You think?
Any room identifier that is more likely to cause confusion is an anti-pattern.
--

Drew
New Your office is larger than the dollhouse I live in
     I report with grim satisfaction - (rcareaga) - (17)
         Not bad. But nothing beats when a phb is taken out in cuffs. - (crazy) - (7)
             I have a tentative luncheon date - (rcareaga) - (6)
                 "Spend more time with the family" is nearly always a euphemism - (drook) - (5)
                     Re: "Spend more time with the family" - (rcareaga) - (4)
                         Then I indeed heard it exactly as you meant it -NT - (drook) - (3)
                             Yeah, and from what I hear - (rcareaga) - (2)
                                 Probably won't help you any - (drook) - (1)
                                     help is irrelevant - (rcareaga)
         Would that some correction might occur - (Ashton)
         Karma was a bit slow in moving there! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         finally had that lunch - (rcareaga) - (6)
             Wow, you lead (or have led) such a thriller-like life! - (CRConrad) - (5)
                 Oddly enough, I’ve seen your office. - (rcareaga) - (4)
                     My favorite part of that clip ... note the office numbers -NT - (drook) - (2)
                         What's so funny about those? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             You think? - (drook)
                     Your office is larger than the dollhouse I live in -NT - (crazy)

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
62 ms