1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Printing? What's that?
--

Drew
New How true!
Not only do I print much less, I often scan stuff printed by others or even myself a long time ago and shred the originals.

It's much easier to organize the PDFs.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New No printing makes it a little difficult . . .
. . to have a recipe on paper to use in the kitchen, and be able to mark it up with dripping fingers without ruining something that isn't quite so expendable.

It also makes it very difficult to simply hand a paper copy of a document to people who are not intensive computer users, of which I know many, including some who don't have computers at all. Computers are a dime a dozen these days, but some people can't afford the Internet service, and may not be very mobile.

No, I rate printing as an absolute necessity - as do most of my businesses clients - when the printer is down, they're out of business.
New My wife uses an iPad to cook using a new recipe.
Also uses that iPad to monitor and control her Bluetooth enabled Instant Pot.

For 21st century folk I email a link or attached PDF file.

And yes, for folks stuck in the 20th century you've got to print! :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Re: My wife uses an iPad to cook using a new recipe.
That's fine for a finished recipe done by someone else - but I'm developing recipes. I have to be able to scribble notes on a printout, with arrows and circles around things, very quickly, and with dripping hands - and without making any on-the-fly changes to the original file - I will need to do those in a thoughtful manner. I can't see an iPad as at all suitable for that.

And, 20th Century? In some cases barely out of the 19th century, and constantly looking back.
     New Warp coming March 31 - (drook) - (10)
         Oh, it will probably be delayed again . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
             One comment suggested it'll probably slip 1 day -NT - (drook) - (8)
                 April 15th now. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                     Well, Arca Noae has finally accepted my payment . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                         ArcaOS fully installed and functional. - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                             Printing? What's that? -NT - (drook) - (4)
                                 How true! - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                                     No printing makes it a little difficult . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                         My wife uses an iPad to cook using a new recipe. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                             Re: My wife uses an iPad to cook using a new recipe. - (Andrew Grygus)

Wow, now I'm going to get a sparkly jacket and call myself a witch...
46 ms