http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2017/05/24/ivanka_and_melania_were_shining_beacons_of_female_empowerment_in_saudi_arabia.html

I’d like to personally thank Parker for sharing this recipe for feminine power, which I’ve been trying to work out for decades with middling results. I think I’d assumed it was some proprietary blend of money, menstrual regularity, and a wide-legged stance, perfected only by Sheryl Sandberg and ladies in deodorant commercials. It is a relief to know that all it takes is cheekbones, a well-fitted maxi dress, and a male family member in a position to insist that you be allowed to sit quietly in a corner while the men talk oil. Parker notes that other foreign women have, like Ivanka and Melania, met with Saudi officials without wearing headscarves. Michelle Obama and Laura Bush both did it, she writes. I’d add to that list Hillary Clinton, Angela Merkel, and Theresa May. Reader, you may be wondering what the difference is between these women and the Trump ones, the latter of whom can make men in dark suits and white robes quiver with their very presence. The answer is simple: the Trumps are pretty, and whoa, get a load of their dresses! Watch out, Saudi fundamentalists. Pursed, exfoliated lips are in the house.