IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New on clogged rv black water tanks
Still learning this lifestyle. After dumping the shit tank put several gallons of clear water so new droppings can be diluted. Unfortunately I was looking at an almost full tank that would not drain. Unfortunately the tank design had no way to get a plumbing snake to the drain tube. After looking at some youtubes that involved nasty ways of solving this issue from the drainside I found a product called the flush king. Went to camperland and bought one. It hooks up to the drain and has a stopper on one end and hooks to both the drain and the sewer tube with a water hose connection in the clear plastic middle. After several backflushes the brown sewer trout was flowing in the correct direction. Well worth the $40
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
Expand Edited by boxley May 18, 2017, 10:14:32 PM EDT
Expand Edited by boxley May 18, 2017, 10:15:46 PM EDT
New I've got a Flush King knock off myself.
Just keep refilling tank with fresh water and dumping until it runs clear. You want have a closed valve as you fill to be sure to get a forceful flow as you dump. That doesn't necessarily clear out the inner tank coating but the loose stuff will go. Some of that coating can be cleared with the sloshing around of ice cubes (while driving) in half tank of water. Other than that you have to use enzymes.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     on clogged rv black water tanks - (boxley) - (1)
         I've got a Flush King knock off myself. - (a6l6e6x)

This is also known as CIA-assisted self-determination.
58 ms