IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interestingly, for a while in between there, as bicycles replaced horses for riding...
...bikes were all over streets and roads too, and much more numerous than automobiles.

Just as well as talking about how "bikes need a separate infrastructure", you could argue that they already had one, which was then usurped by the car -- then the indignation can be all about "why didn't they build a separate infrastructure _for cars_?".

Like, "Stay on your motorways, and off our country roads and city streets!"
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New My first encounter with København..
The tiny Sprite was surrounded by hundreds of BICYCLES (tis was in '60.) They loved the little red car.

Smart, them Danes..
     Interesting gizmo for sale on Prime Day at Amazon - (Another Scott) - (31)
         A Segway you can sit on? -NT - (pwhysall) - (8)
             That's what I thought ... look at the second product image -NT - (drook)
             It looks like you "steer" it with your knees. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                 Don't forget what the Segway started out as - (drook) - (3)
                     Good point. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         Arduino.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                             :-) People are doing lots of neat things with them. There are lots of similar controllers, too. - (Another Scott)
                 I think George would still fall off... -NT - (scoenye) - (1)
                     rofl. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Segway: a solution looking for a problem - (pwhysall) - (21)
             Maybe. - (Another Scott) - (13)
                 You're both completely missing the point - (malraux) - (1)
                     D'Oh! -NT - (Another Scott)
                 It doesn't have a tiny footprint, though. - (pwhysall) - (10)
                     Dunno about cheap. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                         So that one's $1600 - (pwhysall) - (8)
                             So you're planning on shorting Ninebot then? :-) We'll see. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                 Re: So you're planning on shorting Ninebot then? :-) We'll see. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                     Bolt doesn't stop instantly either. ;-) - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                         That's just dumb - (drook) - (1)
                                             It's apparently not that bad in the real world. - (Another Scott)
                                 I had one of these for a while - (crazy) - (2)
                                     Neat. Thanks for the pointer. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     Seconding that experience, via a Whizzer™ motor-bike - (Ashton)
             Integrating with the current infrastructure - (drook) - (5)
                 Cars were rapidly *massively* better than carriages - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     Agreed - (drook) - (1)
                         I want the conveyors from Caves of Steel. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 Interestingly, for a while in between there, as bicycles replaced horses for riding... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     My first encounter with København.. - (Ashton)
             Nope, wrong: That one is apparently ideal for at least some disabled people. - (CRConrad)