IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New If the Xians are right, somewhere Nikita is smiling.

Edit: Ooooh, this one's even better.

bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
Expand Edited by mmoffitt May 11, 2017, 10:37:13 AM EDT
New And the pictures were taken by the Russian PR guys
Since the American press was excluded from the meeting.
--

Drew
New YES! I didn't know that when I posted above, but that in and of itself is astonishing!
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Addendum re Reporter-handling du jour + a clever Poll w/illustrations
The guy arrested for trying to get a comment from a Department head avec Secret Service guard: $5k bail = EIGHT HOURS in custody, etc. etc.

Kudoes on your snagging the Impeachment Standards [cha. cha. cha.]
Clinton-under Repos -vs- Trump-under-Repos

Some feedback: Poll

Query: Quinnipiac asked people what word first came to mind when they thought about Trump.

..which prompted some Wag's collage, ranking the opinions as size = ƒ [% respondents] ☀︎☀︎

New I guess there's not a single word meaning emotional 5 year old.
Even "juvenile" would mean someone a bit more mature.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Apparently, I'm giving Trump too much credit.
NY Times opinion writer Frank Bruni:
He’s 70, but if we’re talking about deeds and not digits, psychological maturity instead of epidermal sag, he’s our youngest president ever, with the frailest ego. Aides feed him his information in easily digested bites: pictures, charts. They whisper sweet grandiosities in his ear. They devise strategies to shield him from upset and work around his ever-shifting moods. They cross their fingers and they tremble.

So do I. And when I picture him at that Time magazine dinner, with a portion bigger than anybody else’s, I don’t see him on a throne. I see him in a highchair, keeping his audience guessing about just how much ice cream he’ll fling against the wall.
Five year olds generally don't use highchairs.:)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New "Toddler" might be what you're looking for.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New That is not icecream on the wall...
New Now now ...
Chimp jokes are for the previous president.
--

Drew
New ITYM the one previous to that?
"Curious George", and all that. I recall quite a few cartoons with GWB as a chimp.

But then, I didn't even get that it was supposed to be chocolate ice cream. I was thinking molten vanilla...
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New Nope, just one previous
For all those Real Americans not content to point out that he obviously (Just look at him!) wasn't a real American, and instead pointed out that both he and his wife obviously (Just look at them!) weren't real humans.
--

Drew
New No, no, no. Gorillas!
     If the Xians are right, somewhere Nikita is smiling. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
         And the pictures were taken by the Russian PR guys - (drook) - (10)
             YES! I didn't know that when I posted above, but that in and of itself is astonishing! -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Addendum re Reporter-handling du jour + a clever Poll w/illustrations - (Ashton) - (8)
                 I guess there's not a single word meaning emotional 5 year old. - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
                     Apparently, I'm giving Trump too much credit. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                         "Toddler" might be what you're looking for. -NT - (malraux)
                         That is not icecream on the wall... -NT - (scoenye) - (4)
                             Now now ... - (drook) - (3)
                                 ITYM the one previous to that? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                     Nope, just one previous - (drook)
                                 No, no, no. Gorillas! -NT - (scoenye)

Same thing we do every night, Pinky...
164 ms