IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Fresh Air now: discussion of means to declare Drumpf (incompetent, delusional/mentally bonkers etc.)
Why Are Some People Questioning President Trumps Competency?
Fresh Air presents a discussion of why some members of congress, psychiatrists, ethicists and scholars are questioning President Trump's competency. The programs guest will be Evan Osnos, who has written a new piece in the New Yorker about paths being considered to impeach the president or use the 25th amendment to remove him from office. Osnos has been writing about Trump since his candidacy.
New Okay, but what to do with the 40+% that approve of his job performance?
It is quite sinister of me, I recognize, but I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a non-trivially sized part of me that hopes the Senate passes Trumpcare without alteration. That 40+% must be hit in the face with a brick.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New They'll cheer
After overhearing a conversation between a local gas station attendant and a customer: they don't care as long as they no longer have to pay. Keeping a roof over their head and putting food on the table is more important.

Basically: the ACA did not make healthcare affordable for them. They are forced to pay, one way or another, for a product they cannot use because they can't cover the deductible on the plans accessible to them.
New There's a non-trivial set that will care. And a lot of them are millennials.
The only true success of the ACA was the part that mimicked Single Payer. Namely, the expansion of Medicaid that allowed 27 year old under/unemployed workers to purchase a health care plan they could easily afford. One of my daughters has a policy that costs $20.00/month because she made less than $16,000/year (slightly more than full-time minimum wage work) working as a waitress after graduating from college.

There are large numbers of people who did qualify for affordable health insurance who will no longer qualify if the House's bill passes without modification. That is, there are a lot of people on similar financial ground to my daughter that will most definitely be negatively impacted should the draconian bill passed hastily by the House become law.

In 2015, 78.2 million workers age 16 and older in the United States were paid at hourly rates, representing 58.5 percent of all wage and salary workers. Among those paid by the hour, 870,000 workers earned exactly the prevailing federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour. About 1.7 million had wages below the federal minimum.

https://www.bls.gov/opub/reports/minimum-wage/2015/home.htm

In the end, NO ONE is going to be happy if the abortion passed by Eddie Munster Senior goes through because what will happen to those millions of people who don't have access to expanded Medicaid benefits? They'll stop getting injured and/or sick, right? Nope. They'll go to their community hospitals that are mandated to treat patients and those hospitals will eat the losses, which in turn will drive up the premiums for those of us who can still afford insurance. For all practical purposes, I don't have insurance anymore since my employer forced Health Savings Accounts on us (read: YAN method to feed the bankster class). No one will go unscathed if this thing gets through the Senate.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New +5: Turing-complete analysis; the soul-space in these Repo-droids has atrophied ..unto nil :-/
Expand Edited by Ashton May 5, 2017, 03:55:06 PM EDT
New But are millenials part of that 40% group?
I doubt it. They did not vote for Trump to begin with.

It is the older group at the margins that is cheering. Yes, they'll fall back on their old ways and have the hospitals eat the losses. But that does not affect them as they are no longer paying premiums. So for them, this is a win.
     Fresh Air now: discussion of means to declare Drumpf (incompetent, delusional/mentally bonkers etc.) - (Ashton) - (5)
         Okay, but what to do with the 40+% that approve of his job performance? - (mmoffitt) - (4)
             They'll cheer - (scoenye) - (3)
                 There's a non-trivial set that will care. And a lot of them are millennials. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                     +5: Turing-complete analysis; the soul-space in these Repo-droids has atrophied ..unto nil :-/ -NT - (Ashton)
                     But are millenials part of that 40% group? - (scoenye)

Listen up, you primitive screwheads!
79 ms