IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Comcast is one of the worst offenders when it comes to e-mail
They will drop entire countries off the map without warning and without sending NDRs. We eventually switched to GMail to keep contact with the folks in Belgium.

POP3 configuration has recently become a nightmare. Our own Linux/T-bird setup usually recovers following "no server response" episodes, but several Windows users I know are now forced to use Comcast's webmail interface because no matter how the client is set up, the POP server stops responding mid handshake.
New Thanks for Heads-up,
fortunately though, never used the Comcast e-mail addy auto-assigned: made clear to them that my e-mail addy is not Theirs, should some e-mail seem necessary.
(Amidst whatever $$ or other chaos has been unleashed, I phone the suckers.)

Heh, their latest ad-blitz seen on PBS, after the xfinity cha. cha. is: the claimed hiring (over n-years, in tiny print) of ex-military folk, the implication being

A) We'll be here forever/ and we're patriotic as all get-out.
B) Guess we're supposed to believe it's because of new business/not re perennial sloppy service, heretofore.

But who's believing either one (?)
PS: I quite recall your kindness in sending along a "Full 150 MHz!" upgrade CPU for some long-forgotten box of a friend.
"You mean this was sent from Belgium??" saith She. :-)
Expand Edited by Ashton May 1, 2017, 10:41:21 PM EDT
New Now up to my eyeballs in P4 2.8GHz CPUs. If you ever need a box of those... ;-)
     Encounter with an Apple 'Supervisor', as Yosemite was flailing.. - (Ashton) - (5)
         Glad to hear all went well eventually! -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Indeed.. wastie time zipping about, as site Opens in a second or two :-) now, vacuum that IN-box.. -NT - (Ashton)
         Comcast is one of the worst offenders when it comes to e-mail - (scoenye) - (2)
             Thanks for Heads-up, - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Now up to my eyeballs in P4 2.8GHz CPUs. If you ever need a box of those... ;-) -NT - (scoenye)

One, two, three, four.
140 ms