IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New As IF we needed more evidence that the democratic party is dead.
I don't know who Zach Carter is, but he gets it. I'm very sorry to say that I was right about Bam-Bam in 2007. On the upside he doesn't even have to pretend to be anything other than YAN Wall Street toady anymore.

The rumors are true: Former President Barack Obama will receive $400,000 to speak at a health care conference organized by the Wall Street firm Cantor Fitzgerald.

It should not be a surprise. This unseemly and unnecessary cash-in fits a pattern of bad behavior involving the financial sector, one that spans Obama’s entire presidency. That governing failure convinced millions of his onetime supporters that the president and his party were not, in fact, playing for their team, and helped pave the way for President Donald Trump. Obama’s Wall Street payday will confirm for many what they have long suspected: that the Democratic Party is managed by out-of-touch elites who do not understand or care about the concerns of ordinary Americans. It’s hard to fault those who come to this conclusion.

Obama refused to prosecute the rampant fraud behind the 2008 Wall Street collapse, despite inking multibillion-dollar settlement after multibillion-dollar settlement with major firms over misconduct ranging from foreclosure fraud to rigging energy markets to tax evasion. In some cases, big banks even pleaded guilty to felonies, but Obama’s Justice Department allowed actual human bankers to ride into the sunset. Early in his presidency, Obama vowed to spend up to $100 billion to help struggling families avert foreclosure. Instead, the administration converted the relief plan into a slush fund for big banks, as top traders at bailed-out firms were allowed to collect six-figure bonuses on the taxpayers’ dime.

Nothing forced Obama to govern this way. Had he truly believed that prosecuting bankers for obvious criminal fraud would cause an economic collapse, Obama would, presumably, have tried to radically reshape the financial sector. He did not. His administration’s finance-friendly policies damaged the economic recovery and generated a new cohort of Trump voters. As Nate Cohn of The New York Times has demonstrated, nearly one-fourth of Obama’s white working-class supporters in 2012 flipped for Trump in 2016. Racism and misogyny were surely part of Trump’s appeal, but not all two-time Obama voters turned to Trump out of bigotry alone.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/obama-wall-street-speech-400k_us_5900bf16e4b0af6d718ab7b9
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Oh, come on.
Mike, he's on the rubber chicken circuit. He gets to collect for the favors he did in public life. Most of them did it. It's kind of expected. One of the reasons the H thing lost was she went on the circuit before she actually won anything. The orange apocalypse thing will finish off anything positive I remember of my country.
It is the way we have been rolling for some time now. I am genuinely sorry.
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New I want to see, in another 100 days (if we're not in air-raid shelters then)
a re-run of the Poll below re the Drumpf-fans' POV then.

IF they're still gung-Ho-Ho-Ho..?

Then: I no words.
New They will be.
They are believers. No matter how obvious the reality is, they will automatically deny it is so - because they can't see that it is so. Belief completely disables parts of the brain.
     As IF we needed more evidence that the democratic party is dead. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
         Oh, come on. - (hnick) - (2)
             I want to see, in another 100 days (if we're not in air-raid shelters then) - (Ashton) - (1)
                 They will be. - (Andrew Grygus)

More fun than a fart in a spacesuit.
42 ms