My first mobile phone was an Ericsson GH388. Very good for its day. Also surprisingly tough.

I think my second was the phone addon widget to the Handspring Visor. Great idea, but a little ahead of its time and it showed.

Next was a Sony Ericsson T300 or maybe a T310. Came with a plugin camera which was a little bit shit. My first experience with Sony's "feature phone" OS which I quite liked, but the hardware was quite low in the range. Never bought something so low-end again. Also the only phone I bought a ringtone for - the Danger Mouse themetune.

Then I got a SE K610. Now that was a good phone! Outstanding Bluetooth stack, for one thing. I used to use the Bluetooth "modem" interface from my work laptop (running Linux!) to get onto the Internet. Also used to use it transfer files to and from it which was much more flexible than the cable.

I used the K610 until it wore out. My next was a G900, which took some searching for as I didn't realize it had gone out of production until long after I bought it. Not as good as the K610. By the time it had started developing a hardware fault, the first Android phones were on sale.

My first Android phone was a HTC Hero running Android 1.5. Not a bad little phone - the major thing I was annoyed with was the shockingly immature Bluetooth stack. Oh and the camera lens would not stay clean. But it was the first phone I had with a decent file interface over the cable.

Next were two more HTC Android phones that were obviously not memorable at all.
Other than I know there were two of them. I started getting tired of HTC's skinning of Android.

Lastly, my current phone: Sony Xperia Z. Superb. 4 or 5 years old and still going fairly strong - I think the battery is starting to show its age. Best camera so far. Also largest I've ever owned. Sony have pushed out two major Android versions to it, but scuttlebutt is that there won't be anymore for such an old platform.

Wade.