IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Another Music Group event coming up . . .
. . except it isn't "Music Group" any more. Since I have seized control (not exactly deliberately, but by default) I have renamed it "Musica Donavania" after it's early history.

As far as I know, there are only 5 or 6 people still alive who know that early history, so I've been writing it up for posterity. Not that anyone gives a shit, but that history can be found at History of Musica Donavania.

Anyway, since I'm preparing a new menu for this coming Saturday, I thought I'd put up a link to my February menu:

Spanish and Sephardic

That event was a tribute to Jon Stringer, from who's music collection I have acquired over 900 CDs (with another 800 promised by his widow). His favorite music was Spanish Medieval, Christian, Moorish and Sephardic.
New A damn fine spread there!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New That's an impressive time to keep a group going
Other than family, there's no one IRL I'm still in touch with from before my last move.

BTW in the intro on the Past Events page: potographs
--

Drew
New Applaud your consistency..
with this--oft 'mis-led?'--motley group, many with their own er, issues in real Liff. I see.. I See:
That beneath the sturm un drang has persisted in you the actual McGuffin: that *MUSIC* (yeah alll 'sweet and undefinable/like the pineapple')
IS WORTH the--in this case--seeming insurmountable peculiarities of ... well,that vociferous sub-set of That crew. :-)

I bear similar sensibilities, underscored by the simple fact that: throughout the vicissitudes/all those demerits for ~~ disobedience and other actions counter to "uniformity-of-mindset",
MUSIC became my reliable, frequent sanity-preserver. And, it bloody-well WORKED.
(One cornet trio of Taps. arranged by moi, staged from the highest floor level of the Spanish-styled dorms: drew n-phone-calls next day from the gaggle of retired military ossifers, (a couple of General-class)
housed nearby this Institution.)

And few here (OK a few do) would recognize the bugle call, Tattoo, but I mined that catchy-tune for its emotional capabilities, and regularly attempted to limn
[that bugle call after Pruitt was killed (in From Here to Eternity/the movie (maybe played by trumpeter Ruby Braff IIRC)]
... even before ever seeing that flic. Am still amazed at how much can be mined from 'simple tunes' via decent tone (a mere Bugle sucks),
pregnant small+large pauses etc. Music IS a metaphysical Certainty ..of being 'from-the-Goddesse'. I. Wot.

(Which may be at the root of my disdain for ... f'ing Guitars in EVERY same-old pop-song du This 'jour') all while millions remain unaware of its scope. its depth
and of the hundreds of Other musical instruments as may be played Solo or in groups like, say, a bloody Orchestra.)....

Ignorance even of the existence! of these! options denies to many ... much of music's capabilities to induce transcendence of the daily-superficialities of Liff.
[Nobody had to 'teach' me about these possibilities; apparently the realization was innate] ¿Quien sabe?

We (next..) make sure to preserve the massive musical libraries du-other-jours in any Next or,
as the climate begins to broil ... even our lengthy denouement shall be felt quite more hideously than was necessary.
I'll fight for that POV over.. a bushel basket of any other new Cause-du-jour/all unassorted and sans all Scale and (well, you know.)

See Ya on the barricades [by proxy] ..coming to a street intersection near you ... in the foreseeable futchah, I wot.

:oTpy
Expand Edited by Ashton April 25, 2017, 07:47:04 PM EDT
     Another Music Group event coming up . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
         A damn fine spread there! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         That's an impressive time to keep a group going - (drook)
         Applaud your consistency.. - (Ashton)

Do you know where your towel is?
68 ms