IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 2 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Geez, now I want to try to remember mine
First device I carried was a two-way text pager. God only knows the brand. Work issued.

Next was a Nokia candybar, something like the 6510 (though I don't think that was quite it).

Next was a little flip, likely the Motorola V551.

Then the first one I'm pretty sure of the model was the Blackberry 8310. Still love the physical keyboard on that one, and the trackball was surprisingly effective.

I can't remember the next, but I'm pretty sure I had another flip between the BB and my first smartphone, which was ...

Samsung Galaxy S3. Brilliant screen, even though you couldn't see it in sunlight. And the camera is surprisingly good. Battery can't make it a full day though. When the charger port became to flaky to live with, I switched to the current ...

Nexus 6P. Another good screen, and even better camera. The camera app is a significant improvement. And I can go a whole day without charging again.
--

Drew
New Now you've tempted me...
My first mobile phone was an Ericsson GH388. Very good for its day. Also surprisingly tough.

I think my second was the phone addon widget to the Handspring Visor. Great idea, but a little ahead of its time and it showed.

Next was a Sony Ericsson T300 or maybe a T310. Came with a plugin camera which was a little bit shit. My first experience with Sony's "feature phone" OS which I quite liked, but the hardware was quite low in the range. Never bought something so low-end again. Also the only phone I bought a ringtone for - the Danger Mouse themetune.

Then I got a SE K610. Now that was a good phone! Outstanding Bluetooth stack, for one thing. I used to use the Bluetooth "modem" interface from my work laptop (running Linux!) to get onto the Internet. Also used to use it transfer files to and from it which was much more flexible than the cable.

I used the K610 until it wore out. My next was a G900, which took some searching for as I didn't realize it had gone out of production until long after I bought it. Not as good as the K610. By the time it had started developing a hardware fault, the first Android phones were on sale.

My first Android phone was a HTC Hero running Android 1.5. Not a bad little phone - the major thing I was annoyed with was the shockingly immature Bluetooth stack. Oh and the camera lens would not stay clean. But it was the first phone I had with a decent file interface over the cable.

Next were two more HTC Android phones that were obviously not memorable at all.
Other than I know there were two of them. I started getting tired of HTC's skinning of Android.

Lastly, my current phone: Sony Xperia Z. Superb. 4 or 5 years old and still going fairly strong - I think the battery is starting to show its age. Best camera so far. Also largest I've ever owned. Sony have pushed out two major Android versions to it, but scuttlebutt is that there won't be anymore for such an old platform.

Wade.
     So long, Apple. It's been fun. - (pwhysall) - (63)
         Enjoy it. - (Another Scott) - (38)
             Edge does not preclude case. - (pwhysall) - (36)
                 No glass screen protector, though... :-( -NT - (Another Scott) - (35)
                     Boom! Verizon (!) to the rescue! - (pwhysall) - (34)
                         Interesting. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott) - (33)
                             OTOH... - (Another Scott) - (32)
                                 Fairy snuff. - (pwhysall) - (31)
                                     I use the same brand - (drook) - (15)
                                         Six? Amateur - (pwhysall) - (14)
                                             Geez, now I want to try to remember mine - (drook) - (1)
                                                 Now you've tempted me... - (static)
                                             Look how I thought the iPhone 3G's screen was "vast and bright" :D - (pwhysall) - (8)
                                                 I've a somewhat lengthier view of er, Bitchin resolution (but with similar retrospectives.) - (Ashton) - (7)
                                                     S8+ display is 529dpi. Good film is ~5000dpi. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                                         Thanks much, all good points - (Ashton) - (5)
                                                             Re: pressing the shutter at the right instant - (drook) - (4)
                                                                 Good thoughts, thanks. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                                     I've heard the heartbeat theory ... Don't like it - (drook)
                                                                     Don't contemplate doing it yourself - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                                         Thou sayest and, shall seek such a One via the magick of (hell, Google or Other) - (Ashton)
                                             5 - (malraux)
                                             Wow, that list will delay your retirement! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                 What you guys get to spend on healthcare, I get to spend on gadgets -NT - (pwhysall)
                                     My V10 would have been very unhappy without the glass screen protector. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                                         Shirt pockets. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                                             Re: Shirt pockets. - (pwhysall) - (8)
                                                 When you get old enough to require reading glasses I think the pocket will return. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                     I'm already there - (pwhysall)
                                                     Nope. Progressive bifocals FTW. -NT - (malraux) - (1)
                                                         +1 True -NT - (drook)
                                                 Well, I learned something about skate shoes! - (a6l6e6x)
                                                 That I'd like to see - (drook) - (1)
                                                     That'd be awesome - (pwhysall)
                                                 Here we wear the plaid shirt/jeans/skate shoes even on client/board/etc. days. - (malraux)
                                         Last time I put a phone in a shirt pocket ... - (drook) - (3)
                                             Shirt pockets are deadly. - (malraux) - (2)
                                                 I don't either, that's why I put my hand over my pocket when I bend over. ;0) - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                     Me too! .... bend over next? hand-over-pocket is now robotically inculcated :-) - (Ashton)
             On LG - (pwhysall)
         Not HMS QE's deck I hope >:-) -NT - (scoenye) - (1)
             I'd be waiting a while, if so! -NT - (pwhysall)
         *chucks and runs* - (malraux) - (9)
             bgr.com? - (pwhysall) - (4)
                 Why do you think I ran? :-) - (malraux) - (3)
                     Re: The Belkin one - (drook)
                     £35. Bloody hell. -NT - (pwhysall)
                     Speed will be interesting - (pwhysall)
             Re: *chucks and runs* - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 It was a drive-by. - (malraux)
                 Yeah, that 4K rendering stuff was kinda meaningless. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     There is a price war going on, right now - (pwhysall)
         It's here. - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Oh, one more thing - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 That's sinister! :) - (a6l6e6x)
         Galaxy S8 and and S8 Plus drop test - (Bman)
         Three weeks in. - (pwhysall) - (7)
             Couple more things I miss. - (pwhysall) - (5)
                 Re: Facetime - (mvitale) - (4)
                     Re: Facetime - (pwhysall) - (3)
                         Why that distinction? No Hangouts, but yes Mail -NT - (drook) - (2)
                             Google burns everything that everyone loves - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 I liked Reader - (drook)
             Pity that your Main Hat is (in the betting parlour?) - (Ashton)

You have no concept of an internal monologue, do you?
193 ms