IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And then someone calls out sick
And the pilot shuffle happens.
New But contingency planning takes more than 5 hours? Seems daft to me.
Of course, the "flying public" (who wants to fly from Chicago to LA for $35.00) and the airline shareholders would never allow for the allocation of additional funding/pay for stand-by crews closer than that I suppose.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Trouble with those of us who've ever *managed.. vastly complex machines-in-sync
* er, successfully
is that we suppose that Other, superficially Less-complex matters as Will arise: would.. Should! fucking-A Be equally attended-to (coming close to Our celebrated successes.)

{{sigh-me Too}}

But the above lore is inextricably (!) intertwined with the satisfiction? we gets--first observing some involuted clusterfuck/an accumulation of band-aids now gone wrong,
(and the Applicator persons long ago left the room)--and somehow ..parsing the mess into solvable bits and Succeeding. amIright?

BUT some such agglomerations (like say, the overall interdependent tiny tasks which get "the geese" aboard and strapped-in, then fed something, etc.
just CAN'T! prepare for, say: a bloody SHOE-bomber? and like that.

The above conceivably Brand-destroying over-reaction was the problem here; the Absence of instant Imagination of next priorities, how to invoke the best-fit etc. ...
THAT absence demonstrates to all that THIS particular Corp. when faced with a sick-in for example: will/Did "drop the atom bomb on Luxemborg".

I believe that makes it a Fair Cop that: United should join BOAC, PanAm, Hughes (!?) and a passel of other marques now found only in collector memorabilia.
They earned the obloquy. The old-fashioned way, that of (NOT-) being. an ass. Rest case.
     I find this non-discussed issue about flight UAE 3411 interesting. - (mmoffitt) - (12)
         Lots of possible reasons - (drook) - (3)
             No time to look, but some claim that sitting in a car doesn't count as "rest", or something. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 If that's so, then how can sitting in a plane count? - (CRConrad)
             Yup. - (crazy)
         United will be paying for this one dearly! - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
             We're pretty much done with them - (scoenye)
             Having managed to escape 'Air' since 9/11 thus: Amtrak.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Only once since 9/11 domestically for me. That was enough. Now's it's 22 Tango or nothing. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Why would they not know? - (static) - (3)
             And then someone calls out sick - (crazy) - (2)
                 But contingency planning takes more than 5 hours? Seems daft to me. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     Trouble with those of us who've ever *managed.. vastly complex machines-in-sync - (Ashton)

We're not surrounded, we're in a target-rich environment!
66 ms