He was a Fav (NY Review of Books et lots More) of new friends. These I encountered way-back in SF--by Accident--I was carrying on pillion seat a female also their friend, on a borrowed Vincent Shadow which had been mutilated, painted yellow!! with Dragons on the tank... er, an earned [ !! ] Loved their double-take when the two of us just.. dropped.. in ;^> Wish I had a pic of That scene!

She/Sonia (a descendant of Gaetano Merola/Big player in founding of SF Opera doings) directed us to stop by their SF Seventh Ave residence; thence and soon I became their HiFi conslutant/'twas quite before 'stereo' had been introduced..
and They progressively.. edjumacated.. my fledgling knowledge of MUSIC-in-most forms I had already grokked sufficiently that: just That ..had earlier saved my sanity within 'military academies', amidst the worst Cha. Cha. Cha. imaginable.

Anyway, despite this tl;dr: Cousins' views + Theirs yanked me into the Better-use of my stock of talents; perfectly complemented the then increasing adventure of er, Doing real Science-without the cha. cha. cha.

So then: thanks for the Reminder as prompted me to review the growth opportunities which Science PLUS genuine Art can perpetually rescue one's psyche from: the utterly debilitating FACTS we now see-in-Action daily:
the hideous DAMAGE which the Drumpf Fascists Can/Are/WILL. BE. wreaking until they are *ALL* turned-Out, their epaulets ripped off ...and their cardboard swords mangled.. if we don't find a Way to Do This SOON ..well, you Know.

ie Thanks! for that timely "mention". :-)

[End/today's stream of Unconsciousness, maybe..]