IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's tough to find non-White House related "Russia covering for Assad", but here's one:
Al-Monitor:
Privately, Russian officials are furious with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad for a suspected April 4 chemical weapons attack in Idlib province that killed over 80 people, Russia analysts said. They see it as threatening to sabotage the potential for US-Russia rapprochement ahead of US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s first visit to Moscow this week.
o o o
“You know the interesting thing, Chuck, is when this chemical weapons murder happened to so many people, Russia’s reaction was not ‘oh how horrible’ or ‘how could they do this to innocent children’ or ‘how awful is that,’” Haley told Chuck Todd of NBC's "Meet the Press" on April 9. “Their initial reaction was Assad didn't do it, the Syrian government didn't do it.”

“Why were they that defensive that quick?” Haley continued. “The first priority for them was to cover for Assad. So what we knew from intelligence, that the Syrian regime had done this again, as they had done so many times before. We had evidence they had done it. It's obviously classified, so I’m not the one that would release the information, but it was enough that the president knew.”
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New On replacing Assad.
Will it actually be better to replace Assad (even if Assad was responsible for the gas attack - a point I'm still not convinced of) with the suicide bomber terrorist rebels who killed more people (including kiddies) in the bus attack on civilians in Aleppo over the week-end than were killed in the gas attack?
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New That would not be my first choice! :)
You definitely need to know who you are dealing with.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     OK, how about a little conspiracy theory? - (Andrew Grygus) - (11)
         A 90 minute warning to the Russkies woukd add to you conclusion. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Well, everyone knows when you attack an airfield you don't bomb the runways. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
             A reference to a fake news source? - (a6l6e6x) - (8)
                 Robert Parry is "fake news"? - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                     You don't get carte blanche for what you do because you did something right once, - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                         No. But, did he say that? No. Do you have the same criticism of Seymour Hersch? - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                             Yep, the same NY Times. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                                 How? They do have ground to ground rockets, yes? - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                     It's tough to find non-White House related "Russia covering for Assad", but here's one: - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                         On replacing Assad. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                             That would not be my first choice! :) - (a6l6e6x)

Good evening, Mr. Gates. I'll be your server tonight.
114 ms