IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yep, the same NY Times.
They occasionally make mistakes and usually correct them. I think the Judith Miller thing was more of an opinion piece than straight reporting.

The Iraq war was a war to get into at any cost. Some fell for it but I was never one of those. You can never disengage your mind from critical thinking no matter who presents the "facts".

You seem to dwell in places that push Russian disinformation and bought into the rebels having sarin gas that got hit by Syrian airplanes. Are you serious? Where would they get it? How could they deploy it? Have they ever deployed it before?
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New How? They do have ground to ground rockets, yes?
Do the UN and BBC push Russian Propaganda?

The below is from the 2013 attack, but the similarities here are striking.
Emphasis Mine.
We have heard the US, British and French intelligence evidence. We have seen the harrowing YouTube videos of victims on the web. This now is the first independent and authoritative confirmation that there is "clear and convincing evidence" that chemical weapons were used on 21 August.

The substance concerned was the nerve agent sarin and the delivery system was ground-to-ground rockets. Note that the UN inspectors do not anywhere in the report explicitly lay the blame for carrying out the attack at the door of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
The Syrian rebels have captured significant stockpiles of government weaponry throughout this conflict and as the inspectors' report notes many of the munitions and their fragments had been moved or otherwise tampered with.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-24130181

Here's my view of this.

Recall that is was the Syrian government who asked the UN to investigate. Recall, also, who are our allies in Syria - al Nusra. Who, over the course of several decades has demonstrated clearly an eagerness to kill innocents? Who is losing the war in Syria? Who benefits from us bombing Syrian government locations?

My point is simply that my own critical thinking leads me to conclude it is not possible to determine who was responsible for the latest chemical attack. I'm sure as hell not going to take the word of al Nusra members at face value. I'm fully aware of Assad's ability to carry out atrocities. But that's not proof. The Syrian War in one way is like any other. The first casualty is truth. We don't know who carried out this attack but if we learn anything from our history in the region, be it backing Osama in the 1980's against The Evil Empire in Afghanistan or destroying the governments of Iraq and Libya, it should be that there aren't any good guys in the region.

Moreover, Tulsi Gabbord has more standing to speak about this issue than I ever will. Here's what she's said.
It angers and saddens me that President Trump has taken the advice of war hawks and escalated our illegal regime change war to overthrow the Syrian government. This escalation is short-sighted and will lead to more dead civilians, more refugees, the strengthening of al-Qaeda and other terrorists, and a possible nuclear war between the United States and Russia.

This administration has acted recklessly without care or consideration of the dire consequences of the United States attack on Syria without waiting for the collection of evidence from the scene of the chemical poisoning. If President Assad is indeed guilty of this horrible chemical attack on innocent civilians, I will be the first to call for his prosecution and execution by the International Criminal Court. However, because of our attack on Syria, this investigation may now not even be possible. And without such evidence, a successful prosecution will be much harder.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/04/11/what-is-tulsi-gabbard-thinking-on-syria/

Of course, idiots like Howard Dean, the DNC, Meghan McCain and other war mongers who never served in combat are all trashing her for it.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New It's tough to find non-White House related "Russia covering for Assad", but here's one:
Al-Monitor:
Privately, Russian officials are furious with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad for a suspected April 4 chemical weapons attack in Idlib province that killed over 80 people, Russia analysts said. They see it as threatening to sabotage the potential for US-Russia rapprochement ahead of US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s first visit to Moscow this week.
o o o
“You know the interesting thing, Chuck, is when this chemical weapons murder happened to so many people, Russia’s reaction was not ‘oh how horrible’ or ‘how could they do this to innocent children’ or ‘how awful is that,’” Haley told Chuck Todd of NBC's "Meet the Press" on April 9. “Their initial reaction was Assad didn't do it, the Syrian government didn't do it.”

“Why were they that defensive that quick?” Haley continued. “The first priority for them was to cover for Assad. So what we knew from intelligence, that the Syrian regime had done this again, as they had done so many times before. We had evidence they had done it. It's obviously classified, so I’m not the one that would release the information, but it was enough that the president knew.”
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New On replacing Assad.
Will it actually be better to replace Assad (even if Assad was responsible for the gas attack - a point I'm still not convinced of) with the suicide bomber terrorist rebels who killed more people (including kiddies) in the bus attack on civilians in Aleppo over the week-end than were killed in the gas attack?
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New That would not be my first choice! :)
You definitely need to know who you are dealing with.
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
     OK, how about a little conspiracy theory? - (Andrew Grygus) - (11)
         A 90 minute warning to the Russkies woukd add to you conclusion. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Well, everyone knows when you attack an airfield you don't bomb the runways. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
             A reference to a fake news source? - (a6l6e6x) - (8)
                 Robert Parry is "fake news"? - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                     You don't get carte blanche for what you do because you did something right once, - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                         No. But, did he say that? No. Do you have the same criticism of Seymour Hersch? - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                             Yep, the same NY Times. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                                 How? They do have ground to ground rockets, yes? - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                     It's tough to find non-White House related "Russia covering for Assad", but here's one: - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                         On replacing Assad. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                             That would not be my first choice! :) - (a6l6e6x)

A poodle is literally a wolf in sheep's clothing.
45 ms