IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New bgr.com?
Ugh, I strongly dislike that site. And it's not the dongle that's the issue - it's that you get to listen or you get to charge but you don't get to do both. And going single-port with Lightning? Didn't Apple just tell us, via the medium of the bracingly pricy new laptops, that the only port you need is USB-C?

One thing I didn't mention, though, is the camera. Apple has been seriously dragging its feet in this respect for quite some time. Even though the funky dual-lens feature of the iPhone 7 intrigued me, the camera as a package is still comprehensively outclassed by at least the Pixel, the S7 and now the S8.

I'm sure the iPhone 8 will have an improved camera - and it will be interesting to see if Apple has committed to the dual-lens idea - but whether it will be significantly better than phones other than the iPhone 7 remains to be seen.

Speed is an interesting thing in phones. All that really matters is that it's fast enough . My 6S+ has never given me cause to complain in this regard, and all I've read on the subject would indicate that Apple's very real speed advantage in storage is a significant contributor here.

But you know what? Fucking LastPass. Great app, great system, absolute pain in the arse on iOS. Android has a thing where LastPass can fill in passwords for apps, that being the whole point. iOS? Fuck you, swap between apps and manually copy and paste that motherfucker!
New Why do you think I ran? :-)
Regarding the dongle:

https://griffintechnology.com/intl/itrip-clip-bluetooth-headphone-adapter
or
http://www.belkin.com/uk/p/P-F8J198/

I personally don't care about the cameras that much. The skill of the photographer is far outclassed by the quality of the camera in my case.

With respect to speed, I've never used an equivalent-class Android that ever compared to my iPhone at the time. Sure, they get faster just like the iPhone, but they always feel like schlock.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Re: The Belkin one
I was about to point out the major problem then noticed they have a picture of it right there. Hang that thing from your phone in a car and it's going to keep dropping out every time you hit a bump. Maybe in California the roads don't cause that problem, but here in the midwest this would last about a week before the port was trashed.
--

Drew
New £35. Bloody hell.
New Speed will be interesting
I will have the 6S+ and S8+ side-by-side.
     So long, Apple. It's been fun. - (pwhysall) - (63)
         Enjoy it. - (Another Scott) - (38)
             Edge does not preclude case. - (pwhysall) - (36)
                 No glass screen protector, though... :-( -NT - (Another Scott) - (35)
                     Boom! Verizon (!) to the rescue! - (pwhysall) - (34)
                         Interesting. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott) - (33)
                             OTOH... - (Another Scott) - (32)
                                 Fairy snuff. - (pwhysall) - (31)
                                     I use the same brand - (drook) - (15)
                                         Six? Amateur - (pwhysall) - (14)
                                             Geez, now I want to try to remember mine - (drook) - (1)
                                                 Now you've tempted me... - (static)
                                             Look how I thought the iPhone 3G's screen was "vast and bright" :D - (pwhysall) - (8)
                                                 I've a somewhat lengthier view of er, Bitchin resolution (but with similar retrospectives.) - (Ashton) - (7)
                                                     S8+ display is 529dpi. Good film is ~5000dpi. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                                         Thanks much, all good points - (Ashton) - (5)
                                                             Re: pressing the shutter at the right instant - (drook) - (4)
                                                                 Good thoughts, thanks. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                                     I've heard the heartbeat theory ... Don't like it - (drook)
                                                                     Don't contemplate doing it yourself - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                                         Thou sayest and, shall seek such a One via the magick of (hell, Google or Other) - (Ashton)
                                             5 - (malraux)
                                             Wow, that list will delay your retirement! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                 What you guys get to spend on healthcare, I get to spend on gadgets -NT - (pwhysall)
                                     My V10 would have been very unhappy without the glass screen protector. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                                         Shirt pockets. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                                             Re: Shirt pockets. - (pwhysall) - (8)
                                                 When you get old enough to require reading glasses I think the pocket will return. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                     I'm already there - (pwhysall)
                                                     Nope. Progressive bifocals FTW. -NT - (malraux) - (1)
                                                         +1 True -NT - (drook)
                                                 Well, I learned something about skate shoes! - (a6l6e6x)
                                                 That I'd like to see - (drook) - (1)
                                                     That'd be awesome - (pwhysall)
                                                 Here we wear the plaid shirt/jeans/skate shoes even on client/board/etc. days. - (malraux)
                                         Last time I put a phone in a shirt pocket ... - (drook) - (3)
                                             Shirt pockets are deadly. - (malraux) - (2)
                                                 I don't either, that's why I put my hand over my pocket when I bend over. ;0) - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                     Me too! .... bend over next? hand-over-pocket is now robotically inculcated :-) - (Ashton)
             On LG - (pwhysall)
         Not HMS QE's deck I hope >:-) -NT - (scoenye) - (1)
             I'd be waiting a while, if so! -NT - (pwhysall)
         *chucks and runs* - (malraux) - (9)
             bgr.com? - (pwhysall) - (4)
                 Why do you think I ran? :-) - (malraux) - (3)
                     Re: The Belkin one - (drook)
                     £35. Bloody hell. -NT - (pwhysall)
                     Speed will be interesting - (pwhysall)
             Re: *chucks and runs* - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 It was a drive-by. - (malraux)
                 Yeah, that 4K rendering stuff was kinda meaningless. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     There is a price war going on, right now - (pwhysall)
         It's here. - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Oh, one more thing - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 That's sinister! :) - (a6l6e6x)
         Galaxy S8 and and S8 Plus drop test - (Bman)
         Three weeks in. - (pwhysall) - (7)
             Couple more things I miss. - (pwhysall) - (5)
                 Re: Facetime - (mvitale) - (4)
                     Re: Facetime - (pwhysall) - (3)
                         Why that distinction? No Hangouts, but yes Mail -NT - (drook) - (2)
                             Google burns everything that everyone loves - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 I liked Reader - (drook)
             Pity that your Main Hat is (in the betting parlour?) - (Ashton)

The Men In Black have been bendin' my ear.
83 ms