IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That's one drained-ass swamp, amirite?
New OT: Which football club do you root for?
It's become something of a ritual for me and an English friend (he's in his early 70's, immigrated here in the mid-1980's and grew up in Manchester) to meet at the local bar/pub on Sunday morning to watch football. We're beginning to make noises about heading to England to, among other things, go to a match. Ideally, my club (Chelsea) against his club (Man U). It's early planning right now and with the fixture schedule for next season not due out until June, we haven't decided whether this will be pre-Christmas or post-Christmas.

Up until the last few years, I rooted for Chelsea, but wasn't nuts-into-it until last year. I've been a rabid hockey fan since I was eight years old, but especially this year with Chelsea tearing things up, if I were honest, I'd choose watching just about any football match over any hockey game (including those in which my decades long favorite hockey teams were playing). When I told my English friend this he said, "Oh God. You've been bitten. There's really no cure for that."
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New None
Football is a shite sport, played by overpaid wusses who cheat.

Rugby is my thing.

ETA: Union, not league.
Expand Edited by pwhysall April 5, 2017, 12:22:16 PM EDT
New Communist.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     Oh, this is just getting hysterical. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
         That's one drained-ass swamp, amirite? -NT - (pwhysall) - (3)
             OT: Which football club do you root for? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 None - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     Communist. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Nepotism only works for the nepotist, not the country. -NT - (a6l6e6x)

There might be poisonous gnomes hiding behind the furniture and I can't take that chance.
138 ms