IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What?
"attracting a rather skeevy segment to the neighborhood."

But I thought pot smokers were members of the "enlightened, progressive intellectual class" and only "narrow-minded, sanctimonious assholes" were opposed to legalization.

No? I'm shocked. ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New "Everything not required is prohibited."
--

Drew
New You have been misinformed
But I thought pot smokers were members of the "enlightened, progressive intellectual class" and only "narrow-minded, sanctimonious assholes" were opposed to legalization.
I assume those are air quotes, since you have not encountered those assertions here. That marijuana prohibition has hitherto attracted, among others, individuals with a casual approach to observing the statutes is as little surprising as the earlier development of the alcohol trade in the 1920s not being dominated by Rotary Club types.

In other news, Château Lafite Rothschild contains ethyl alcohol, which is also the active ingredient in Night Train Express, Thunderbird and Mad Dog 20/20. Clearly there is little difference between consumers of the former and of the latter three.

But I thought correctly that you would be gratified by the account, and anticipated the tenor of your conclusion.

cordially,
New Legalization was just another step on the way to Trump.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Geez. What have *you* been smoking?
New That was only partially tongue-in-cheek.
It is, arguably, an example of the DNC's decision that the people of the flyover region didn't matter. Their concerns didn't matter. After all, the President himself was a previous stoner and stoners are cool on the coasts. So what if the majority of people in the Red States are opposed to legalization? They aren't cool. They're backward, uneducated uncool people. We don't need to listen to them. The trouble is, of course, they do vote.
bcnu,
Mikem

New If they're not stoners...
It's because they're doing crystal meth.

cordially,
New Touché.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Still.
Pot legalization seems to be a rather trivial matter to argue about today, wouldn't you agree?
bcnu,
Mikem

New trivial pursuits
Pot legalization seems to be a rather trivial matter to argue about today, wouldn't you agree?
It’s not even an issue out here anymore, and at the risk of sounding an “I’ve got mine, Jack” note, I don’t care whether Indiana legalizes it today, next year, or a week after the heat death of the universe. Out here in lotus land, I look forward to trying out one o’ them newfangled “vaping” devices around the time of my next birthday.

cordially,
New Stay away from the battery powered pens
I prefer the plug in, dial adjustable temperature, with a 4 foot tube to draw on.

Or a dabbing rig, but those cost serious cash and only work with oil.
New That's, of course, unless Sessions comes, right?
bcnu,
Mikem

New Jefferson Beauregard Sessions
(That’s what the kids call a “tell,” by the way, kinda like a German politician named “Adolf Himmler Schmitt”—you can draw certain conclusions about the worldview that informed his upbringing.)

Should Sessions embark on this jihad (difficult to see the political upside for the regime apart from the appeal to the knuckle-draggers in Lower Middle America of a thumb stuck into the collective eye of those snooty coastal elites—why yes, you appalling rustics, since you mention it we do despise you—but this lot doesn’t appear to do nuanced political calculation very well), he will launch his myrmidons at the growers and sellers: he simply doesn’t have the firepower to go after the consumers, and the states that have lifted prohibition are unlikely to reimpose it. Indeed, given the revenue stream that Colorado is presently enjoying from legalization, I imagine that the lack of cooperation there might even extend to pushback. In any event, the Justice Department won’t be coming after little old, emphasis on old, me when I take up the Weed with Roots in Hell again this summer after an interval of years.

cordially,
New I find it interesting, in an historical context, the reluctance of the Fed.
To be sure the previous President was indisposed to do anything about it (my very old conjecture that the Weed does irreversible damage to one's senses with respect to the ability to recognize any possible negative results that might arise from use may have been at play here). But it occurs to me that there was this skirmish of about four years duration way back in the 1800's that resulted in the generally accepted notion that federal laws trumped (no pun intended) state laws. That seems to have been abandoned recently.

If Jeff's middle name does in fact shed any light to his political leanings, he might proceed despite negative feedback from the teeming masses of the coasts and Colorado (they didn't need them to ascend to power anyway) with this historical context in mind. In the vein of "The Yankees didn't let us usurp Washington's laws, I'll be damned if I let a bunch of stoners thumb their noses at it now."

Don't take what I write here to be any indication of any fire in the belly on this subject left lingering within me. We live in a failed state. If you get stoned enough, maybe you'll fail to recognize that fact and the contribution to that failure that the pothead generation made. I'm just here for the popcorn now.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Left to my own devices…
I’d probably get high once or twice a year. I’ll repeat that in my youth I smoked pot with a number of people who have gone on to become successful professionals. Most of these have retired now, but among them I count architects, attorneys (including judges), elected officials (including district attorneys), physicians, novelists, and a former U.S. Poet Laureate. I presume that you will reply that they would have all exhibited further prodigies of accomplishment in their respective fields but for impairing themselves in their salad days.

But let’s not relitigate this. As for Sessions, the guy is a fucking kloset Klansman, as you and I know very well. States’ rights, my arse.

cordially,
Expand Edited by rcareaga April 6, 2017, 12:28:45 AM EDT
New Is the irony of *you* arguing *for* States' Rights entirely lost on you? ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

one for mmoffitt - (rcareaga) - (23)
         Do they need specific ordinances for that? - (drook) - (22)
             Given the location... - (scoenye) - (21)
                 Re: Given the location... - (rcareaga) - (20)
                     Does it count as agriculture if you're doing the retail sales/distribution onsite? -NT - (drook) - (2)
                         It is how a lot of smaller farms stay afloat here - (scoenye) - (1)
                             Most places the raw milk isn't "retail" - (drook)
                     Heh.. well, in my bucolic cul-de-sac - (Ashton)
                     What? - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                         "Everything not required is prohibited." -NT - (drook)
                         You have been misinformed - (rcareaga) - (13)
                             Legalization was just another step on the way to Trump. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                                 Geez. What have *you* been smoking? -NT - (rcareaga) - (11)
                                     That was only partially tongue-in-cheek. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                         If they're not stoners... - (rcareaga) - (9)
                                             Touché. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                             Still. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                                 trivial pursuits - (rcareaga) - (6)
                                                     Stay away from the battery powered pens - (crazy)
                                                     That's, of course, unless Sessions comes, right? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                         Jefferson Beauregard Sessions - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                                             I find it interesting, in an historical context, the reluctance of the Fed. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                 Left to my own devices… - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                                                     Is the irony of *you* arguing *for* States' Rights entirely lost on you? ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)

30,000 pounds.... of bananas!
294 ms