IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I brushed my teeth with my right hand this morning!
I haven't done that since January.

Ooh, now I want to have spaghetti so I can twirl it on the fork.

Small victories, take 'em where you can get 'em.
--

Drew
New Keep it up! Good luck!
New Awesome!
That first time you do something after PT is pretty satisfying. I've finally gotten to the point where I don't think about things before doing them with my bad shoulder.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Re: Not thinking about it
This wasn't intentional. I was halfway done when I suddenly saw myself in the mirror and I was like, "Well lookee there."

This, by the way, is why I still wear the sling when traveling - so I don't forget and try to open a heavy door or something equally stupid.
--

Drew
New Yep.
I accidentally shrugged on my backpack a few times before I was ready. That wasn't fun at all.
Regards,
-scott
New For me it's the jacket
--

Drew
New That too.
I had to retrain myself to put my jacket on after all the PT because I had forgotten how I used to do it.
Regards,
-scott
New Hah!
Yesterday I put mine on without thinking and it worked. I tried to remember how I did it this morning and couldn't.
--

Drew
New I had developed entire new habits.
I changed the arm that went in first, changed how I put my shirts on, tons of habits. Every single one had to be relearned after 9 months. There was a very awkward period of several weeks while I learned how to clothe myself again.
Regards,
-scott
New I'm much more sympathetic to my 5-year-old when she's having trouble
--

Drew
New :-) LRPD: "Hello! Woody! Do you want join in vehement athletics?"
Regards,
-scott
New Do not tell us of the ultimate victory
There are some triumphs you must experience alone.
New Nothing wrong with my left arm ... just sayin'
--

Drew
New LRPD: “No, your ass does that all on its own.”
New good to hear!
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New I hadn't realized that..
the *cough* vehement athletics of er, enthusiastic mouse-moving? (sometimes 16/7) could have such unfunny effects :-/
Condolences on this protracted recovery.
(I quite recall a vaguely similar but-shorter recovery when I had momentarily dislocated a shoulder, trying to get a Yamaha DT-1 up a nasty/slippery hill, during the madness of doing any serious dirt riding; it cured me of that folly.)

Alas, pending the perfection of in-brain implants re cursor movements, I guess the next best solution would be just to go directly to HAL-9001? (never mind.. trackball/trackball et al.)
whence: all but real mumblers can merely Say ... w.t.f. we want in that code. Eh?

Hah.. I see that I have successfully mis-under-remembered the keyed-in switch sequence to load the pre-loader RIM
..to make the ASR-33 come alive in a PDP-8. Progress!! how differently some of us interpret that word..
New Wasn't from mousing
This was a torn rotator cuff and labrum. The doc was impressed - in a clinical curiosity sense - that I was able to do both. Most people, upon tearing one, stop doing whatever it was that caused it.
--

Drew
New Well then..
mayhap you need to get a recalibrate on: the level-set, "that's ENOUGH! pain *NOW* ... so STOP!!"

;^>
New Labrum tears can be invisible with respect to pain.
My physical therapist said that he prefers not to have MRIs until after he's starting looking, because they can discover old injuries that are not causing the current problems. Some high percentage (50%? I don't recall) of his patients had undetected prior injuries.
Regards,
-scott
     I brushed my teeth with my right hand this morning! - (drook) - (18)
         Keep it up! Good luck! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Awesome! - (malraux) - (8)
             Re: Not thinking about it - (drook) - (7)
                 Yep. - (malraux) - (6)
                     For me it's the jacket -NT - (drook) - (5)
                         That too. - (malraux) - (4)
                             Hah! - (drook) - (3)
                                 I had developed entire new habits. - (malraux) - (2)
                                     I'm much more sympathetic to my 5-year-old when she's having trouble -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                         :-) LRPD: "Hello! Woody! Do you want join in vehement athletics?" -NT - (malraux)
         Do not tell us of the ultimate victory - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Nothing wrong with my left arm ... just sayin' -NT - (drook) - (1)
                 LRPD: “No, your ass does that all on its own.” -NT - (rcareaga)
         good to hear! -NT - (boxley)
         I hadn't realized that.. - (Ashton) - (3)
             Wasn't from mousing - (drook) - (2)
                 Well then.. - (Ashton)
                 Labrum tears can be invisible with respect to pain. - (malraux)