IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Remember Palladium?
MS didn't pull it off, but apparently Intel did.
--

Drew
New jaysus
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Not just Intel, and ./ is surprisingly late
Intel's ME has been around since at least 2011 and AMD has had a similar backdoor since 2013. AMD's marketing term is TrustZone.
New Die, intel die!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Jeez.. we have the political-back-door funded by the Mercers
HOLY SHIT!! Batman..

(currently being decoded on Democracy Now) The Mercers, the author of Dark Money [Jane Mayer of The New Yorker],
an interview with the CalTech* climate-change-denier Arthur Robinson:

{{* Ugh}} Physicists really did know that Sin- thing, it seems. And didn't stop at those Mortgage-Backed-in-Securities either. The Institute as self-parody? Clearly I have some history to emend. :-(

[Ed:]
Dem. Now also showed the query directed at Gorsuch re. "How's Come that these 'Anonymous' backers spent $10 M TO GET YOU:" into that USSC Chair S.A.P. ?? [I paraphrase.]

Ergo: was Citizens United the real prime-focus/actual catalyst for the Mercers to next buy themselves a hack-Drumpf? in order to rework 'Murica into Amerika-II?

and.. we gots the worst-possible combo of Fake Data created by the major supplier of computer hardware [now also perpetual firmware==Spyware
(with own wifi and brain for completely ignoring the operator's map -vs- W.T.F. *IS* really circulating inside.)
Clearly The MACHINES+firmware already ARE in the cat-bird seat:

Computers ✓ [Die Intel, indeed.. but where to Begin] ... ... and End, given the indissoluble bond between vulture-capitalism and magnified personal-greed: as got us Here? Hmmm??

Politics ✓ and phony-elections-all now in sub-rosa mode a.k.a. Pwned by Alt-Right, the S.A. of Die Neue Reich MMXVII L.L.C.-in-Charge: ✓

Wenn Die S.S. Und Die S.A. Aufmarschiert**

** "When the S.S and the S.A. MARCH TOGETHER":
all on my LP '2445'
Hitler's Inferno
In Words, In Music 1932-1945
MARCHING SONGS OF NAZI GERMANY

Jawohl: Gehabt Kindern! The Children Have Been Had ..to a Fare-thee-well quite beyond the IGM's tentative guesstimates as this Mega-Scam was gestating under our very noses.

Oh. And. When some successor-Tribe to the Dis(solved) S. A. wreckage begins accretion: some means shall be within a new Constitution:
preventing any lone Homo-sap to own/control/ any money-sum beyond the #-of-C-notes s/he Can Hand Carry. QED/Cha. Cha. Cha.

(An entire raft-load of terminally-depressing factoids: across this mere one hour, nightly 12M broadcast of Democracy Now on our local PBS TV station.)

Query: IS? "knowledge still Power" ... when the very-daily-language has suffered massive debasement of the [ referents ] to all words important to any concept of 'self-governance'.

The Force Maya is strong today, young Skywalker.. ... ....
Expand Edited by Ashton March 24, 2017, 04:40:47 AM EDT
New Dzerzhinsky would be so proud.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Re: Remember Palladium?
1. The Intel ME exists
2. It is a separate thing

I think we can all agree on this.

3. It can control a powered-down computer
4. It has a direct, independent connection to the NIC
[citation needed, motherfucker]

5. It is an NSA backdoor
[SRSLY? go back to worrying about BadBIOS]

All I'm seeing and reading on this is clickbait blog posts regurgitating the source material, with a great big "what do you think? comment please! pretty please! please. don't make me beg. I need the clicks" at the bottom.

Y'all should be way, way more worried about the fact that, completely without encryption, secrecy or the NSA, your ISP is now able to sell your web browsing history to advertisers, and there's jack fucking shit you can do about it.

Sort that out, and then this pile of conspiracy-theory-and-black-helicopters bullshit might warrant some attention.
New Also
The big story here is that /. is still going.
New Citation
They are correct on the independent network access, but the 3G part is tinfoil hattery:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-active-management-technology-start-here-guide-intel-amt-9
Notice that there is a network connection directly associated with the Intel ME. The specific NIC will change according to which Intel AMT release you are using.

The ME does have its own MAC so the paranoid can block it at the firewall.
New And Intel scores! (An own goal...)
https://security-center.intel.com/advisory.aspx?intelid=INTEL-SA-00075&languageid=en-fr
via
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/05/01/intel_amt_me_vulnerability/
and
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/05/05/intel_amt_remote_exploit/

A blunder in the vPro/AMT ME firmware's authentication code allows for the password checks to be bypassed, serving up total access to a vulnerable machine's hardware. As the flaw is in the AMT toolkit, it affects mostly enterprise kit, not home PCs.
     Remember Palladium? - (drook) - (9)
         jaysus -NT - (boxley)
         Not just Intel, and ./ is surprisingly late - (scoenye)
         Die, intel die! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Jeez.. we have the political-back-door funded by the Mercers - (Ashton)
         Dzerzhinsky would be so proud. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Re: Remember Palladium? - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Also - (pwhysall)
             Citation - (scoenye)
         And Intel scores! (An own goal...) - (scoenye)

NaN
77 ms