IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Believe it or not, I worked on that sucker!
Way down the food chain.

IBM had a contract on a triplex computer system, 3 CPUs with shared memory and what IBM called LCS or Large Capacity Storage. If you can believe it, LCS it was 2 MB! But, in those days, memory was used judiciously.

I was one of the designers on the basic (up to duplex) CPU, so when the guys doing the triplex design got in trouble, I got to help to make it work. It was sad to get that project cancelled.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Heh.. Synchronicity! aka Jung again, he is Evrywhar..
Have a friend with the name of (either the whole MOL or) that compact ~~Cassegrain spy-scope module..
How odd that her name has ... quite different associations; while you were CPU-ing we'unses were connecting-up two accelerators to create the [Super-Hilac + Bevatron]
--one located up a nearby hill-side!--heavy ions-to-H.E. "Bevalac". Guess we were both having fun-with-Science, eh? (And I was learnin 'bout Geo Boole via a PDP-8)
available to moi for a while: to see if I Could create a program to convert stuff on an oily yellow paper tape (BCD-decimal or something) and display numbers on an ASR-33.
Hey.. I Could whilee determining that I'd never become a programmer/would always choose the NYT Crossword over any 'rithmetic-digitations thankyouverymuch.

and PS ANOTHER Synchro!
Al Gore on PBS right NOW with book-cover for The Assault on Reason as intro backdrop!!
Jeez ... out there in the Bardos .. am *I*preprogramming our PBS tepid-progressive News Clowns??

Guess I gotta make addendum to the Gore review.
(We're still all doomed with that gaggle of clinically-Evil mofos at the levers of the Entire fucking Planet.)
New Synchronicity, indeed! I caught the Al Gore segment on PBS last night.
He's more optimistic about the future than I am.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     'Dorian' - (Ashton) - (3)
         Believe it or not, I worked on that sucker! - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Heh.. Synchronicity! aka Jung again, he is Evrywhar.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Synchronicity, indeed! I caught the Al Gore segment on PBS last night. - (a6l6e6x)

I have seen them...
34 ms