IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New death among the knuckle-draggers
A murder in Missouri has generated, as someone at Balloon Juice put it, one of the great ledes of all time:
Frank Ancona, the imperial wizard of the Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, smelled like cat piss.
This longish read (ad-laden local newspaper site; if your browser has the equivalent of a "Show Reader" option, you'll want to engage it) tells the bleak tale of the last few months spent on this earth by the 51 year-old Mr. Ancona, a resident of Leadwood MO, who was actually not himself a cat fancier.
There's not much money in Leadwood. Set in the hills about 70 miles south of St. Louis, the median household income is about $31,000, nearly $20,000 less than the statewide figure. The population of 1,282 is 99 percent white. For diversity, residents identifying as American Indian outnumbered African-Americans two to one. That's not a ratio: Census workers counted a total of two Native Americans and one black person in the 2010 tally.
In other words, Trump voters.
Leadwood is the kind of place where people might not agree with the KKK, but they also don't get too worked up about a Klan leader living next door.
But I repeat myself.
Publicly, Frank portrayed himself as the powerful leader of a clandestine, but righteous, organization, a representative of a silent majority of decent Americans who were fed up with the chaos they saw on the nightly news. His followers adopted "I am Darren Wilson" profile pictures on Facebook after the death of Michael Brown in Ferguson and scattered fliers in north St. Louis County that threatened "lethal force" should protesters take things too far.
Later in the story, it is reported that the "Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan" (TAKKKK?) counted about forty members, um, nationwide "at the height of its influence." Still, this was apparently enough to get him interviewed on the electric teevee machine, and even quoted in the pages of the august New York Times
"We need to preserve the white race because we are the ones who keep civilization civilized."
Below: Chez Arcona, Leadwood's own Crade of Civilization:

squalor

It appears from the account that Frank was done in by his missus, who is a cat fancier, and also that the head of the local constabulary might not have graduated first in his class at the police academy:
That Thursday, Frank did not report to work, triggering his employer's call. But when police stopped by the house with Frank Jr. on Friday, Malissa was reluctant to let them enter. She had not filed a missing person report, she explained, because she thought Frank was leaving her. The last time she had seen him was about 6 a.m. on Wednesday, she said.

Leadwood police Chief William Dickey eventually talked her into letting them take a quick look around the house. Inside, they found a safe that looked like it had been pried open, but nothing else stood out among the mess. Malissa claimed the home may have been burglarized, but she had not bothered to report it.

Dickey also questioned her about the roommate ad.

"She stated she did it because when he said he was leaving to go out of state on this job, he took a bag of clothes with him and said when he got back he was filing for divorce," Dickey told the local paper, the Park Hills Daily Journal. "She told us she figured she would need help to pay the rent, so she put an ad out looking for a roommate."

It maybe seemed a little strange, but Dickey figured all they had for the time being was a missing person case. Frank was a grown man. Maybe he really had just walked out.
The whole thing is way past sordid, and is an enlightening look at the lives of the trumpenproletariat, and while I came to snark, I was left at last with a smidgen of helpless sympathy for these stunted specimens with whom I and mine share notional citizenship, but who might as well reside on different continents so far as our respective weltanschauungs are concerned. Ill-paid, ill-educated, raised on a diet of shit culture and shit food—is it to be wondered at that some of them will readily embrace a social model that proclaims them, as "white people," to be the crown of creation, dispossessed of their rightful patrimony by inexplicably favored Untermenschen (blacks, meskins, faggots, feminists, mooslims &c)? But perhaps it was all worth it:
The story made international news. Frank Sr. was in the New York Times again. The son says his father's murder did not have anything to do with his work for the Klan. Still, he figures his dad has enjoyed the attention, even in death.

"He's definitely looking down from the heavens, saying, 'I got my name out there now.'"
On second thought, nah, fuck 'em.

cordially,
New uBlock Origin
https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock

Extensions available for Chrome and Edge.
New Now that's how you start an article
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook March 11, 2017, 08:45:47 PM EST
New at its peak 40 followers nationwide, not much of a majority there hey?
sad sack of shit, no doubt about it. Reminds me of a fellow I met in Hayward CA when I was there in January huffing and puffing about the flipflops invading his city
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     death among the knuckle-draggers - (rcareaga) - (3)
         uBlock Origin - (pwhysall)
         Now that's how you start an article - (drook)
         at its peak 40 followers nationwide, not much of a majority there hey? - (boxley)

Moo. It's what's for dinner.
67 ms