This message brought to you for a refreshing few moments break from reading more tissues-of-lies by The Grandest-ugly Murican Clusterfuck Yet ...
we'll be seeing visages of that Clockwork-robotic-Orange-topped carney barker in just too-fucking-Many daily skits ... we see: u n a v o i d a b l y .

CITROËN IS THE automotive equivalent of the platypus: bizarre, delightful, innovative, and, if not inimitable, never imitated.

Until World War II, the French automaker enjoyed a reputation for innovative, but thoroughly mainstream, automobiles. It gave Europe its first truly affordable car, the Type A, and popularized front-wheel drive with the Traction Avant. It wasn’t until after the war that Citroen got weird and gave the world the wonderful DS.

The car astounded audiences at its debut in 1955 with its sleek styling, pivoting headlights, beguiling hydraulic suspension, and single-spoke steering wheel, among other things. Futuristic design proved timeless as well as lucrative: Citroën received more than 700 orders within 15 minutes of the debut, and more than 12,000 by the end of the day. It kept building the car—now an unquestioned classic—until 1975."CITROËN IS THE automotive equivalent of the platypus: bizarre, delightful, innovative, and, if not inimitable, never imitated.

Until World War II, the French automaker enjoyed a reputation for innovative, but thoroughly mainstream, automobiles. It gave Europe its first truly affordable car, the Type A, and popularized front-wheel drive with the Traction Avant. It wasn’t until after the war that Citroen got weird and gave the world the wonderful DS.

The car astounded audiences at its debut in 1955 with its sleek styling, pivoting headlights, beguiling hydraulic suspension, and single-spoke steering wheel, among other things. Futuristic design proved timeless as well as lucrative: Citroën received more than 700 orders within 15 minutes of the debut, and more than 12,000 by the end of the day. It kept building the car—now an unquestioned classic—until 1975.">CITROËN IS THE automotive equivalent of the platypus: bizarre, delightful, innovative, and, if not inimitable, never imitated.

The car astounded audiences at its debut in 1955 with its sleek styling, pivoting headlights, beguiling hydraulic suspension, and single-spoke steering wheel, among other things. Futuristic design proved timeless as well as lucrative: Citroën received more than 700 orders within 15 minutes of the debut, and more than 12,000 by the end of the day. It kept building the car—now an unquestioned classic—until 1975.

It's nice when, on rare occasion The World™ echoes my very sentiments about this marque {{sigh}}
And like the great works of Jules Verne, the DS remains influential, but more as muse than model. No one’s making nitrogen-infused hydropneumatic suspensions anymore, and the brake pedal hasn’t given way to Citroën’s floor-mounted, mushroom-shaped plastic button. Yet the car continues to inspire.
My '68 luxo- DS Pallas cruised all-day at 90 (mph), stopped appropriately, handled like a Gran-turismo yet with the ride comfort of a Detroit lead barge (when not asked to do any serious handling..
(because those pasenger-trucks Couldn't, especially with their non-feelable 20 turns lock-to-lock steering etc.))

In the demo, with some words on EZ-wheel R&R, he failed to mention a couple of things, one practical and t'other humorous:
A) One. Bolt. holds the wheel ON, easily torqued by included long-enough spanner.. EZ-peasy even in a Top-hat & tails.
B) You could (I have done) remove one of the rear wheels and drive anyway, with merely common-sense avoidance of cornering hard onto that er, tireless corner.
But you could drive to any repair station safely, while causing serious consternation to the uninitiated observer.. (just passed.)

As mentioned, many of its engineering details have yet to appear in the overpriced luxo-barges du this jour. Wish I could have afforded the SM (Engine by Maserati).
The physicist up the street in Kensington had such--he who caused hP to offer a new model of a rudimentary Audio Spectrum Analyzer, one of which I have in closet (it blew their specs into 'embarrassing'.) Loved. It.
Envy; got to drive it: it featured variable-rate steering, power boost as ƒ(velocity) Once accustomed to this, you'd want to Keep It. {{sigh}}

Bon appetít