IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Probably a mockingbird.
Wikipedia: Northern mockingbird.
It imitates not only birds, but also other animals such as cats, dogs, frogs, crickets and sounds from artificial items such as unoiled wheels and even car alarms. As convincing as these imitations may be to humans, they often fail to fool other birds, such as the Florida scrub-jay.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New The Aussie Lyrebird does that, too.
New I don't think so.
This bird has come by for years. I've never heard it make any sound but the faucet drip. We have mocking birds here, but they don't seem to be active in the darkness of night.
     Dripping faucet. - (Andrew Grygus) - (11)
         Most curious. You should post a recording of it. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Probably a mockingbird. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             The Aussie Lyrebird does that, too. - (static)
             I don't think so. - (Andrew Grygus)
         'A mind is a terrible thing to waste' ... - (Ashton) - (5)
             Try this - (drook) - (4)
                 Works with any well-known musical phrase. -NT - (static) - (3)
                     Yep. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                         :-D I was thinking of that exact phrase! -NT - (static)
                         K-pop star Hyuna used it to really good effect a few years ago - (static)
         Lots of choices. - (Another Scott)

This is where the night goes from "we had fun" to "mistakes were made," isn't it?
70 ms