IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Speaking of Jeremy Brett as Sherlock...
New via such a nice lateral arabesque, too
to Gin and Tacos thence a Maus ref. ... a fitting missive to having seen {{shudder}} tonight's Drumpf Report fantasy-thing, and includes this little excerpt:
..It begins with normalizing social deviance toward an Other that is responsible for every aspect of your life that leaves you dissatisfied. It begins when a population is conditioned to read a news story about one of Them being gunned down by someone in a uniform and to react not with human empathy but with satisfaction. It begins when people become convinced that there are Good People like themselves and Bad People like everyone who looks, thinks, or acts differently than themselves. It begins when the oppression of a minority to satisfy the histrionics of a majority (rule of law be damned because I want to feel safe at any cost) is not only tolerated by the political process but becomes one of the products it is most eager to deliver.

Every crime against humanity has humble beginnings. And the kind of people who want to perpetrate them know that they don't grow like weeds. They have to be nurtured, **slowly, until the process is so far along that no group, individual, or institution in society can stop it.
Then just Now on PBS: a clip of G. W. Bush mentioning the necessity of an Independent Media etc. etc.
I mean.. I Mean: HE GETS IT too!

** aka, You Have to be Carefully Taught! in C# Minor, (making it a slow dirge, as is so congruent to ... Most-ALL of 2016 as-led-to: umm, 2017?)

Damn..! it sure is weird Out There, what with that whirring noise as accompaniment: {{sigh}} Stuart Chase, again--from inside that tiny coffin.

Ed: PS, on Democracy Now: a review: "this is not the first time Mexicans have been demonized in Murica" with a ref to Mexican repatriation in 1930s, via book by Francisco Balderrama:, Decade of Betrayal
wherein both Mexican Nationals and Americans of Mex. descent were summarily deported:
an antecedent of the FDR imprisonment of Japanese etc. etc. Etc. It's a fucking Murican-habit, y'see?

(Not just a few Americans flirted with Some-other-ISM-than CAPITALism during that lengthy Hoover-abetted-by-inaction playout of that earlier depression.)
I had an Aunt/school teacher who was 'lookin-fer-loopholes' too, so: that's First-degreee hearsay..

BUT our complaisant SCHOOL SYSTEM (as audited by moi) was too chicken-shit to TELL US young'uns just how frequently/and deeply
..has been Murican hypocrisy, all. along. And still is, mostly. cf. that {corrected} nursery rhyme which begins

The world is so full of a number of things
that it's very surprising when somebody sings.
Expand Edited by Ashton March 1, 2017, 04:00:15 AM EST
     When Drum's right, he's right. - (mmoffitt) - (18)
         Better than the butch though, amirite? -NT - (drook) - (1)
             In the end, who knows? 2018 will give us some indication. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Oh, and by the way ... - (drook) - (3)
             Cynical? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Sometimes I don't like being right - (drook)
                 That is one evil - (mmoffitt)
         Speaking of Evil ... and a pair of portraits - (Ashton) - (11)
             Bannon looks like he's not long for this world. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                 He’s been here way too long already -NT - (rcareaga)
                 Thanks! for the two perspicuous links re the utter-Perfection of Jeremy Brett's performances, all. - (Ashton) - (8)
                     He was indeed the Sherlock that schooled them all. A great talent - I didn't know about his demons. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                         basil rathbone is the true sherlock -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                             He is the standard for me as well. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                                 Brett was better, I think. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     Connery! Oops, sorry. -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                         LOLs. -NT - (Another Scott)
                     Speaking of Jeremy Brett as Sherlock... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         via such a nice lateral arabesque, too - (Ashton)

Pavlov would have wanted it this way.
87 ms