IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New BOFH files an appeal
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/02/23/michael_thomas_appeals_conviction/

And so Thomas drove to the office Sunday evening and start working on getting it back up. While there, however, the rogue employee also carried out a whole range of activities, before departing a few hours later and leaving his keys, laptop, badge and a resignation letter – which were discovered the next morning.

That Sunday, Thomas deleted remotely stored backups and turned off the automated backup system. He made some changes to VPN authentication that basically locked everybody out, and turned off the automatic restart. He deleted internal IT wiki pages, removed users from a mailing list, deactivated the company's pager notification system, and a number of other things that basically created a huge mess that the company spent the whole of Monday sorting out (it turned out there were local copies of the deleted backups).
--

Drew
New The appeal is a waste of money. His lawyer is playing him.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New The conclusion is right though: either way it sets a precedent
--

Drew
New thats why I want a "get out of jail free" when I am working a security gig
I would never do what this guy did, but when asked to pen test or otherwise seek to find vulnerabilities that I can exploit I get explicit authorization in advance signed by high muckymuks
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     BOFH files an appeal - (drook) - (3)
         The appeal is a waste of money. His lawyer is playing him. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             The conclusion is right though: either way it sets a precedent -NT - (drook)
         thats why I want a "get out of jail free" when I am working a security gig - (boxley)

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch, I go to the lavatory!
80 ms