IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New goalposts on wheels
Deliberate conflation of the word "proof" with the actual concept of "evidence".

Mathematicians and logicians do "proof". Everyone else does "evidence".
New exactly that is what you have in todays climatology goalposts on wheels
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Should we expect you to be changing your mind, too?
New who said I am a skeptic?
My statement is that the scientists have little or no fucking clue predicting what the end result of global climate change will be. I also know if you shut off every human method of causing c02 immediately half the world population would likely die in short thrift and it would not slow down climate change at all. Mitigation is what we need to be looking at. Crop distribution. Population shifts etc.
New Re: who said I am a skeptic?
Why do you argue this way?

My statement is that the scientists have little or no fucking clue predicting what the end result of global climate change will be.

Link with some scientist saying what the "end result of climate change will be." please. One doesn't have to be The Amazing Karnac to know what will happen, overall, to the planet if CO2 levels keep rising at the rate they've been rising - even if one can't predict whether California in 2027 will be in flood or drought.

I also know if you shut off every human method of causing c02 immediately half the world population would likely die in short thrift and it would not slow down climate change at all.

Who is arguing that "every human method of causing CO2" should or could be stopped immediately?

Define "not slow down climate change at all", please. There are huge lags in the system - science tells us that (e.g. the multi-hundred year average residence time of CO2 in the atmosphere). That's why it's important to quit delaying implementing sensible policies. What we do now will affect what the planet looks like in 20, 50, 100 years.

Mitigation is what we need to be looking at. Crop distribution. Population shifts etc.

1) We can do many things at once.

2) Mitigation is easier when the problem is smaller - meaning we need to dramatically cut our emissions before thinking about things like dumping SO4 in the atmosphere to counteract CO2.

3) Taxing carbon to have it reflect its real impacts (with sensible rebates to people who have no choice) is a much simpler and smarter way to approach the problem rather than, say, invading Canada to take over their farmland.

4) If you think the proposals thus far are expensive, tell me about your plans to replace Houston, New Orleans, Miami, Norfolk, etc., etc.

My $0.02.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: who said I am a skeptic?
4) If you think the proposals thus far are expensive, tell me about your plans to replace Houston, New Orleans, Miami, Norfolk, etc., etc.

If you're on about our Norfolk, I have no plans to replace it. Nothing of value was lost, etc.

Plus the residents will be fine; they've all got six webbed fingers and toes on each appendage anyway.
New you are not really worried about a naval station flooding are you?
feckem, they can move to roanoke if they dont like the water
New Yep. "We don't drink, we don't smoke, Norfolk, Norfolk, Norfolk!"
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     cali storms happen with regularity - (boxley) - (19)
         Re: cali storms happen with regularity - (pwhysall) - (3)
             glaciers calve with regularity when they are not growing, nature of glaciers is not stagnation -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                 Heh - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     eh? have what? -NT - (boxley)
         There's a good SciAm article about the 1861-62 flood. - (Another Scott) - (14)
             scientists anticipate, thats the issue right there - (boxley) - (13)
                 Hardly. - (Another Scott)
                 *cough* Hadn't heard..? - (Ashton) - (11)
                     test and verify. When every conceivable outcome is considered proof - (boxley) - (10)
                         Strawman. -NT - (Another Scott)
                         goalposts on wheels - (pwhysall) - (8)
                             exactly that is what you have in todays climatology goalposts on wheels -NT - (boxley) - (7)
                                 Should we expect you to be changing your mind, too? - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                     who said I am a skeptic? - (boxley) - (5)
                                         Re: who said I am a skeptic? - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                             Re: who said I am a skeptic? - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                                 :-) The other one. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                     you are not really worried about a naval station flooding are you? - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         Yep. "We don't drink, we don't smoke, Norfolk, Norfolk, Norfolk!" -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Ahh, the good old days when I didn't know how stupid I was.
58 ms