IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Satire is most needed when the government begins committing atrocities.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New I don't think you want to get this
"Don't mock his pronunciation. Mock his policies."

Did I just advocate ending satire?
--

Drew
New Google what that did for Bill Maher at the time.
9/11 comment Bill Maher got fired for. And he wasn't even making a joke.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Maher demonstrated vastly more integrity than did Stewart.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Daily Kos explains for me
I’ve even known conservatives who go so far as to deliberately spell things wrong so that some “liberal” would correct them and they could look like a a victim of mean academic liberals. And sadly, this tactic works more often than I’d like to admit. It seems to be easier for us to see the base as “stupid,” rather than as using a tactic designed to make us look immoral and elitist in that academic sense.

s/spell things wrong/mispronounce words/

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/2/19/1634327/-How-to-turn-trolls-into-your-best-friends
--

Drew
New I learned to do that from Dilbert
Write and important document that needs to be reviewed by the boss. Make a glaring typo. Leave it in. When the boss reviews the document, his attention will be drawn to the typo. Rather than analyze the contents, he will focus on the silly mistake. He will get an ego boost when pointing it out, and be able to put his stamp of authority on the doc when you fix it. The doc will then be approved for next step action.
New :-) !
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Reminds me of the Brown M&M's story.
     Sent another Letter to the Editor. - (mmoffitt) - (15)
         I don't get the Jon Stewart reference - (drook) - (14)
             He couldn't make fun of Dubya anymore. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                 Not how I would read it - (drook) - (12)
                     Alternative reading: "We must come together and stop mocking our President." - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                         Serious question: Did you watch Jon Stewart? Like, ever? -NT - (drook) - (10)
                             Of course, Toddler. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                                 Wow - (drook) - (8)
                                     Satire is most needed when the government begins committing atrocities. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                         I don't think you want to get this - (drook)
                                         Google what that did for Bill Maher at the time. - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                                             Maher demonstrated vastly more integrity than did Stewart. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                 Daily Kos explains for me - (drook) - (3)
                                                     I learned to do that from Dilbert - (crazy) - (2)
                                                         :-) ! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                                         Reminds me of the Brown M&M's story. - (Another Scott)

For those of you not versed in fine dining lingo, that is: Potato Bacon Cheez, fried noodle pockets, fried cheese, grease bread, cream cheese dip, chicken fingers, and fried fry.
204 ms