IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Who signed it into law? Congress? </me falls over>
WASHINGTON, Oct. 30— Lamenting its death as "a serious loss" to science, President Clinton on Friday signed a bill killing the $11 billion superconducting supercollider project.

Mr. Clinton was forced to accept the termination of the Texas project when a budget-conscious Congress voted to abandon the program, which is one-fifth complete with a 14-mile-long underground tunnel and complex of laboratory buildings.

About $640 million for the project had been in an energy and water spending bill. That money will now be spent to dismantle the project.

"This project was an important element of our nation's science program," Mr. Clinton said in a written statement, "and its termination is a serious loss for the field of high energy physics."

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/10/31/us/stating-regret-clinton-signs-bill-that-kills-supercollider.html

So, the "budget-conscious Congress" wasn't concerned with "saving money"? Let me guess, it's still Congress' fault that WJC signed the bill killing it and that's okay because, after all, WJC "felt our pain" when he did it.

Seriously, can we never expect to see a single criticism of the Clintons from you, ever?
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New "forced". HTH.
New Forced on repeal Glass-Stegall, end welfare as we know it, NAFTA, Ruben @ Treasury, etc. right?
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New It's very hard to have a conversation with you when you keep bringing up extraneous things...
     ..a March for Science, 4-22-17 in D.C. (You'unses Eastward: Be There --> y'Hear!?) - (Ashton) - (10)
         I'll be there. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             My daughter and I will be, too. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Science disconnect - (dmcarls) - (7)
             I'd like to see a breakdown by field of AAAS response to the Space Station. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                 Congress killed the SSC. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     Who signed it into law? Congress? </me falls over> - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                         "forced". HTH. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             Forced on repeal Glass-Stegall, end welfare as we know it, NAFTA, Ruben @ Treasury, etc. right? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 It's very hard to have a conversation with you when you keep bringing up extraneous things... -NT - (Another Scott)
             Mostly unsurprising, given the level of sci. knowledge in the main tribes. -NT - (Ashton)

The spice must flow.
82 ms