IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New #17 [!!]
My first (April) night in Londinium, awaiting delivery of Bug-eyed A-H Sprite, in Shepherd's Bush:

Forewarned (forget how) I had a stack of Shillings (that is a Cap, innit?) by bed to feed the miserly, also tiny gas heater by bed. Many of these were indeed gone by morning.. the drill in-half-sleep: Mastered.
Just to feel ~~"warm" within provided bedding + coats/towels, whatever added-atop.
('Course being young and invulnerable + anticipation ... I just called it travel-colour)

All the rest: eminently sensible koans, esp. including Teh Tea (as never tasted so Guuud (on a subsequent jaunt) as at Heathrow,) de-planed {{an Ugh-word}} and in a long airport walkway at 5:30-fucking-AM!
..when a nice lady bearing a tray of mugs asked, ~~ Care for a cuppa, love?. It came in a Real china-cup! to be left wherever, when done. Now There's Class!, I wot.

Barring [in some ugly Drumpf-next] Escape from New York Dis-USA scenarios, I see that I have to rob piggy bank and get to Blighty again, maybe the I.O.M. TT? before/after The Pennines, etc.
(Unless I yield to the perception that, now ALL bikes are *T.F.F.O. and, 200+ mph Isle/Man laps are ..simply horrorshow) y'know? Ta

* Yank transl: Too Fast for Owner, a common AD-addendum-as-to-Why--back in the day, in The Motorcyle /aka The Blue one--to any used Vincents for sale therein.
Expand Edited by Ashton Feb. 13, 2017, 12:38:08 AM EST
New No real Murrican would ever admit TFFO
--

Drew
New #8 is missing "and leave a trail of destruction in thy wake"
My home town used to be on the receiving end of the hordes following their team whenever they played on the Continent. Most were sloppy drunk by the time they rolled off the ferry (invariably, some had to be hosed out of the rigging.) Sometimes, it was amazing any of them were capable of making it to the train at all. The bar district always ended up being destroyed (except for the two British pubs) and all that before the term "hooligan" came into widespread use.
     This is all true. - (pwhysall) - (3)
         #17 [!!] - (Ashton) - (1)
             No real Murrican would ever admit TFFO -NT - (drook)
         #8 is missing "and leave a trail of destruction in thy wake" - (scoenye)

A load of old toss.
48 ms