IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Climate Science Denial Shifts to a New Tactic Among Trump Appointees
By: Jeff Masters , 5:29 PM GMT on February 03, 2017 at Weather Underground

Some new graphs, recap of new? and {yawn} quotes + FREE ... an inference of the zeitgeist in Weather Fanbois' spots (first quote claims. "since 1969.."
I Mean: ..that was a mere 11 years +/- since I'd gotten from Distributor: Sony's first transistorized 'HiFi tuner-grade' portable radio
(it was veritably a block diagram of the Fisher (tube) FM-100 tuner du jour.)

Some diverse links I betcha the IGM hasn't stumbled across, like the 'Koch allies' one: yeah it's ALL fucking-BAD for anyone with independently-functioning neurons
(and Not-secretly longing-to-be: one o' The Moloch Gang, with their *own* island with a million rounds of ammo, etc.)

Anyway, should be good for a few giggles while ..whistling past the Cemetery of the Late/Great NorteAmericano 'Dream'-world ... now staring into [the void] .
New link to 'Climate Reality Project', belated.
Here.
See 'Feb 3' article, currently at bottom of page.

Contemporary with above: some early-Feb examples of the re-framing [!!] of previous existing pages. Doubtless similar to EPA's fate. Are these two areas first on Trump's list of Rapid + Severe mayhem, in anticipation of his being tossed out PDQ? It appears that he prioritized these Revised-history attacks; now why would he Do That, hmmm?

No idea if.. the censored items here described have been? shall be? sent to dev/null, including pernicious erasures of all backups ... nor have I investigated the effectiveness of some number of reported Downloaders/anticipating just this sort of Historical Revision-via-tips found previously in fictional Dystopian novels.

(Of course too, there remains (remained?) all the material accumulated but not routinely available on website. We all knew since forever: how much easier destruction is than creation, in every context.

Carrion.

..What a flagrantly unappetizing place-name to have on one's passport.
(unless one had arranged a bolt-hole Elsewhere, having read the tea-leaves for decades. Slick move, That.)
Joan Baez is now singing, Oh, Freedom from early '70s via KQED's Time Machine for fund-raising deja-vus.]
New Library of Alexandria redux
--

Drew
New hate to break yer bubble
a recent interview was with the agency that collects and stores all such data from ocean buoys. No mention in the interview about when to destroy, change erase data. It was all about get the data, collect it store it and replicate it without changing it in any way. Sounds like the usual thunderous bupulations of the climate religious leaders panicking that their mealticket may be yanked away.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New I don't understand what you're trying to say
--

Drew
New It's been archived on the Wayback Machine and elsewhere.
E.g. http://web.archive.org/web/20170119110042/https://www.epa.gov/

The data and reports and all the rest won't be "lost" even if Donnie's minions try to make them go away.

Yes, it will be harder to find, and it will be easier for his people to ignore the science and change the framing, but the data and knowledge is still there and available to the scientists and the public.

Similarly for http://web.archive.org/web/20170119192520/https://www.climate.gov/ and the other "inconvenient" government sites.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Climate Science Denial Shifts to a New Tactic Among Trump Appointees - (Ashton) - (5)
         link to 'Climate Reality Project', belated. - (Ashton) - (4)
             Library of Alexandria redux -NT - (drook)
             hate to break yer bubble - (boxley) - (1)
                 I don't understand what you're trying to say -NT - (drook)
             It's been archived on the Wayback Machine and elsewhere. - (Another Scott)

Home of the sash-swinging flasher!
74 ms