IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Any one else (still..) on Yosemite and getting bogus bug-fixes?
I had eschewed El Capitan, via a call to my quite-local ISP--their problems with 'new' mail changes, etc.--and was/am still not amused that bootable CDs and such are no more.
(as Tim-baby saved so much $$ conflating upgrades/bug-fixes with commercial iTunes and Ap Store cha. cha.)

Prior to last bug-fix, my reboot drill had made most after-effects manageable if not soluble. Just curious if anyone else's h/ware is distressed by the pesky-frequentApple/Windows mind meld:
release the Beta! (Reminiscent of annoyance of Adobe's 'kill browser maybe reboot too' .. just to get a new/buggy video thingy.)

Mine's an early '09 24" iMac, an '08 20" as a spare; imagining to coordinate the two == insufficient lore.
(but I recently inherited a Mini! which I have barely investigated beyond a supplied disc with Slot Machines) ... mindless mesmerization, natch. '05 Model A1176 with 2 x 512 MB (guess that means 2 GB is ~ max) thus another crippled-in-its-crib baby. Could that be a 3.5" HD in there? it's a noisy sucker..

Sad when a cash-flush behemoth goes all wonky (too!) echoing the larger scale
New I have moved to macOS Sierra 10.12.3.
So, I'm of no help.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Same here, at least 10.12.2
I need to update again.

I don't turn on my MacMini Server very much any more, so I'm tardy. My plan is to upgrade the 2 each HDs to 2 each SSDs (sitting on the shelf), but I haven't had the time. Maybe after I get our taxes done (sigh).

In general, I try to keep things updated. Sure there are occasional bugs, but there are millions of users of this stuff so any serious bugs should be fixed pretty quickly, or have fairly easily findable work-arounds. It doesn't pay to put off updates any more.

J is a Mac person and has an iPhone 6S. Up until recently they worked pretty seemlessly, as they're supposed to. (She's suspicious of the Cloud and doesn't use it.) But for some reason she wasn't able to get her recent photos off her phone and into "Photos" on her Macs. "Photos" doesn't see any photos on her phone when she connects it via the USB cable.

The solution?

Take a photo with the phone connected to the Mac via the USB cable. All the photos on the phone suddenly show up.

:-/

She needs to update her phone software, too, but I'd be surprised if that buglet has been fixed. Pleasant surprises are nice!

Good luck, Ashton!

Cheers,
Scott.
New (As so often..) Great timing..
re that "take a pic while USB'd to the mother ship". Dovetails nicely with needing to update 'iPhotos': found the Apple blurb on that
[Using the iPhoto Library Upgrader tool] to be entirely adequate/no superfluous factoids, etc.

(When you say photos "show up" I presume you meant: inside "Photos" (current moniker of iPhoto IIRC.))
And.. it Worked. 'Course now I wonder what Apple said about this and other options ... to the same end.
But I don't need to know everything..

Thanks!
moi.
     Any one else (still..) on Yosemite and getting bogus bug-fixes? - (Ashton) - (3)
         I have moved to macOS Sierra 10.12.3. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Same here, at least 10.12.2 - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 (As so often..) Great timing.. - (Ashton)

It's like an ee cummings poem written using only the usernames a website suggests when the one you want is taken.
54 ms