IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Two related stories
One mildly amusing, one sad.

At about the same age I had a peanut butter sandwich, and went outside without properly cleaning my face. A wasp landed and ate it off while I sat there petrified.

I took no harm, but it was not an experience that I intend to repeat.

The other story is the sad one A friend of my mother's in the 60's was drinking a cup of coffee in which (unbeknownst to him) a bee had drowned. The corpse stung his throat as he swallowed. He choked to death. :-(

Cheers,
Ben
"... I couldn't see how anyone could be educated by this self-propagating system in which people pass exams, teach others to pass exams, but nobody knows anything."
--Richard Feynman
New Re: Two related stories
The sad story is that indeed. No question about getting a big fat tongue after the sting.
Alex

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." -- Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
     Poison Oak really really really really really really sucks - (drewk) - (22)
         Had a big poison ivy growing on the house - (admin)
         Poison sumac really really really really really sucks.... - (folkert) - (13)
             Well, Oak seems to get an extra "really" - (drewk) - (8)
                 Cortisone may work better than calamine lotion. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                     Poison ivy... - (hnick)
                     Hydrocortisone - (morganek) - (4)
                         Just be aware that it is a steroid - (Ashton) - (3)
                             Thanks, Ashton - (morganek)
                             Re: Just be aware that it is a steroid - (admin)
                             Many years ago I used it for (at least several months) - (Ashton)
                 Another helpful medication is diphenhydramine - Benadryl... - (a6l6e6x)
             Something like that happened to me once... - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                 Similar story. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     Two related stories - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         Re: Two related stories - (a6l6e6x)
         Two words - (Silverlock) - (2)
             OW-OW-OW-OW-OW-OW-Ow-Ow-Ow-Ow-oW-oW-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow! -NT - (folkert) - (1)
                 Those were his exact words -NT - (Silverlock)
         Heiney - (kmself)
         Trust me, I know that it does - (orion) - (1)
             Well.. it's just possible that the planet Tralfamador - (Ashton)
         Re: Poison Oak really really really really really really suc - (wharris2)

Well, yes and no.
50 ms