IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Devil's advocate
>>> Imagine what 2-3 years will do ...

[...]

"... I supported the ERA in the 70s and still do today. Whatever issues I may have with the emanations and penumbras has no bearing on the core point, that women are and should be equal to men in the eyes of the law.

But in the past 44 years, you haven’t done much about it. Of the top six corporations in market cap today, five were founded since 1972. All by men. Why not women? Why not you?

By marching, you are seeking something, to be heard, to be appreciated, to get your way. Whom are you asking? Why are you asking for anyone’s permission or approval. Take it. Seize it."

[...]

http://blog.simplejustice.us/2017/01/22/women-inc/#more-31430

----------------------------------

When the ERA amendment failed to pass in 1982 (after10 years of trying), I said to myself 'there will never be another amendment. It's too difficult to get 38 states to ratify.'

Changing or getting rid of the Electoral College requires an amendment. What are those chances? We may have to deal with that for a long time also.
New Which is why armed rebellion is called for. ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

Social Media is for Sociopaths.
New We don't do amendments any more
We've discovered it's much easier to simply fight the legal challenges for ignoring the Constitution than to fight to amend it.
--

Drew
New Interesting point in the comments
The stereotype is that men try to fix things when women just want to be heard.
The presidential candidate of one major party listened to (pretended to listen to?) the unhappiness but did not suggest any fixes. The other candidate didn’t appear to be listening but proposed some fixes.

Hmm ...
--

Drew
     I shouldn't be so risk averse. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
         Ah, but given the context, it looks like you lost. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Careful. - (mmoffitt)
         Yup. - (rcareaga) - (8)
             Doh! averse. I should preview. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             It's too early to tell if the monetary gain would have been of any solace. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                 Devil's advocate - (dmcarls) - (3)
                     Which is why armed rebellion is called for. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                     We don't do amendments any more - (drook)
                     Interesting point in the comments - (drook)
                 “Imagine what 2-3 years will do” - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     "The tree of liberty ..." -NT - (mmoffitt)

We're gonna make this night... last fo-evah!
40 ms