IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: That's dark and deep, my friend!
". . surely your fellow music aficionados would miss your sumptuous feasts."

Yes, they would miss those - but that would be the extent of it.

During my 30 years exile from the group, it grew, and then dwindled. By time Jon Lackey died and I could be invited back, it was severely depleted from deaths, severe health issues, moves and poverty.

Jon Stringer, who had run the music program during my exile, had a stroke from which he never recovered, and died just after Jon Lackey died. Fortunately his wife got tired of selling off his music collection, and I have acquired what remains, about 2800 CDs. Add my 400 or so and it's a substantial collection.

Now, if only more of the Music Group regulars were actually interested in music . . .

Of the regulars remaining, several are "intellectuals" - a polite synonym for "looser". One is a crazy cat lady, a couple are total flakes, most are distracted by severe financial and health issues - and so it goes with this motley crew.

In conclusion, I fully expect to outlive the lot of them.
New Re: "In conclusion, I fully expect to outlive the lot of them."
I'll drink to that! :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Cleaning and re-arranging. - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
         That's dark and deep, my friend! - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Re: That's dark and deep, my friend! - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Re: "In conclusion, I fully expect to outlive the lot of them." - (a6l6e6x)
         I've seen that book - (rcareaga)

Oh my God! They killed Kenny!
85 ms