IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That's dark and deep, my friend!
Not to mention the IWeThey misfits, surely your fellow music aficionados would miss your sumptuous feasts.

And there's eBay to lighten the clutter or Salvation Army thrift store for stuff that it doesn't make sense to ship. Just recently I gave my son-in-law (an eBay junkie) my old (probably made in the 1940's) Argus C3 and (early 1970's) Canon FTb 35mm camera and lenses to peddle. The lenses (normal, wide angle, and telephoto) went fast, but the cameras did not. Apparently museums are not looking for those cameras. :) They were just gathering dust, taking up space, and not used in decades.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Re: That's dark and deep, my friend!
". . surely your fellow music aficionados would miss your sumptuous feasts."

Yes, they would miss those - but that would be the extent of it.

During my 30 years exile from the group, it grew, and then dwindled. By time Jon Lackey died and I could be invited back, it was severely depleted from deaths, severe health issues, moves and poverty.

Jon Stringer, who had run the music program during my exile, had a stroke from which he never recovered, and died just after Jon Lackey died. Fortunately his wife got tired of selling off his music collection, and I have acquired what remains, about 2800 CDs. Add my 400 or so and it's a substantial collection.

Now, if only more of the Music Group regulars were actually interested in music . . .

Of the regulars remaining, several are "intellectuals" - a polite synonym for "looser". One is a crazy cat lady, a couple are total flakes, most are distracted by severe financial and health issues - and so it goes with this motley crew.

In conclusion, I fully expect to outlive the lot of them.
New Re: "In conclusion, I fully expect to outlive the lot of them."
I'll drink to that! :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Cleaning and re-arranging. - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
         That's dark and deep, my friend! - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Re: That's dark and deep, my friend! - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Re: "In conclusion, I fully expect to outlive the lot of them." - (a6l6e6x)
         I've seen that book - (rcareaga)

Does this snake smell funny to you?
63 ms