IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A tradition restored.
For many years, on the first weekend of the year with heavy rain, I would make a big pot of Sauerkraut Soup - but not for several years - we haven't had any weekends like that.

This weekend finally qualifies, so I got to work on it this morning. Yes, I know Friday isn't the weekend yet, but since I consider myself semi-retired, I can declare Friday to be a weekend day if I want to.

Rain finally let up around 3:00pm, and Saturday is supposed to be "Partial Sun", but heavy rains are scheduled to return on Sunday, and light rains for another two days after that.

So, I made a recipe and a half - that's 7 quarts. That may seem like a lot, but it isn't - I can eat this stuff until I'm in pain, rest a bit and come back for more.

Fortunately, it doesn't need to be refrigerated, so I just leave the covered pot on the kitchen floor - it only needs to be brought back to a simmer every three days or so.

I always make the version I carefully developed during my vegetarian period, as I actually like it better than the traditional version with meat.

Vegetarian Version
Traditional Version
New Damn, that makes my mouth water! :)
Put me down for the carnivore version, option 2.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     A tradition restored. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
         Damn, that makes my mouth water! :) - (a6l6e6x)

I'm sure when this came out, it was better than whatever else was out. Want to play chess with me, son? No way, Dad.
49 ms