IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thanks.
Russian is a very rich language, so I didn't want to risk missing anything obvious.

My thinking was to have it make an impression on people who can't read Russian (like me). So "Trump" has to be in English.

Then I wanted an immediate association with Russia, even if one can't read Russian - thus the rest would be in Cyrillic.

And I wanted it to be short.

Nyet isn't emphatic enough.

So, that leaves Never! :-)

Next, I have to figure out the actual graphics. Maybe have the text on an upside down US flag...

If I come up with something sensible, I'll try to post it online somewhere and post a link.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Scott.
New 13 stripes with the hammer and sickle instead of stars.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
     Is this the best Russian translation? - (Another Scott) - (14)
         I believe the Russians spell Trump, Трамп. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
             Can not vs. Must not? - (drook) - (6)
                 LRPD: "It's all in the pronunciation" -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     "This is gonna blow up - like a coeliac at a bread festival." -NT - (malraux)
                 "Can't" in the sense of "This can't be happening". - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                     Translation is hard - (drook) - (2)
                         Supposedly they've "turned on the AI" for Google Translate recently. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Splendid - (drook)
             Thanks. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 13 stripes with the hammer and sickle instead of stars. -NT - (malraux)
             Well done! I can't add to what you said. Трамп is phonetically close. - (a6l6e6x)
         My humble graphic. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Nice. Feels like August, 1991 again, doesn't it? -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Spaceba, Tovarisch.. - (Ashton)

[E.T. finally dies... general clapping and hurrahs]
85 ms