IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Correct, can AI create beauty? unknown.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New To clarify
I don't think it's a stretch to imagine an AI creating "beauty." Even at today's state of the art I'm sure a properly configured AI could produce digitally or even, with some fine-grained robotic work, with paint on canvas, an original painting in, say, the impressionist style that would be regarded as beautiful by most who saw it. Would the AI itself experience the work as "beauty?" Today, not by a long shot, although I'm guessing that it would be fairly easy to equip "Watson" to evaluate the relative appeal to the Teeming Millions of a canvas by Francis Bacon and one by, say, Monet. That's obviously a long way from wiring a genuine aesthetic sensibility into a server farm.

I'm reasonably confident that whatever prodigies of electronic cognition we may see in the coming years, however, it is likely that our electronic cobblers will stick to their lasts, and that a dedicated community of Japanese claims adjustment algorithms will not leave off calculating benefits to compose haiku or to arrange rock gardens.

cordially,
Expand Edited by rcareaga Jan. 5, 2017, 05:37:17 PM EST
New Sic transit gzornenplatz, y'all..
     Here, or "News Picks?" - (rcareaga) - (6)
         If you look at what insurance adjusters do, much of that can be automated - (boxley) - (5)
             Mind you (heh, heh) - (rcareaga) - (4)
                 Correct, can AI create beauty? unknown. -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                     To clarify - (rcareaga) - (2)
                         What if they don't like insurance? - (drook) - (1)
                             Sic transit gzornenplatz, y'all.. -NT - (Ashton)

Messing with brain chemistry is not something to be lightly considered.
47 ms