IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Celtic Woman; [via PBS] its latest incarnation well-within this Seasonal zeitgeist:
(Having overcome a certain wont.. previously, to see the mannerisms of the actors/Players as somewhat akin to our local 'Valley Guhls'--for some mannerisms? now seen to have been My judgmental overlay upon their innocent and genuine selves--I here suggest that,

If you Can.. subsume your ‘personal existential Answers’ to unanswerable Questions.
It struck me that, the ease.. with which these sopranos ranged across the sonic registers as-if-effortlessly, is, well Masterful.
Taking the hymns, other derivations of catchy-tunes … for these Longest-nights-of-the-year: these able violinists-while-prancing-about! well.. even this testy curmudgeon must admit that:
the entire production is scintillating (even if helped along by the requisite vodka+real-squeezed OJ chaser) and is recommended by moi.

It's an especially (also affordably Bitchin) means of banishing all thoughts of the coming Drumpfh meta-Disaster via these polished individual self-expressions:
which any of us can take in, almost reverently (!) without massive Mammonish cost-overruns.

Bon {musical} appetít, mon freres.

(Have to add: believe that *Amelita Galli-Curci Herself.. would applaud sincerely the high-C effortlessness of one passage!) Thus a note for those who Must see every such effort as some sort of perpetual ..Contest?
This judgment of a certain virtuosity (?) is verified by responses, not only of a cat with good ears, but a homo-sap female with verifiable audio-acuity and some musical chops/also in attendance.

* perhaps the very Definition of, 'the Perfect coloratura soprano'

Ergo:
Send some $$$ to PBS! as surely shall be amongst the few who retain a semblance of Human civility … amidst the Brown-Shirt miasma about to descend. upon. us all, during
..more broadcast-BS Than You Can Shake a Stick At.

Y'know?
Expand Edited by Ashton Dec. 25, 2016, 07:13:56 AM EST
New Center Stage tickets in Charlotte.
"Twas the last Christmas present I bought for my late father and mother. They said they were moved to tears.
bcnu,
Mikem

Social Media is for Sociopaths.
New I've only seen them on PBS and they are talented.
You need not be Irish to appreciate them!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Celtic Woman; [via PBS] its latest incarnation well-within this Seasonal zeitgeist: - (Ashton) - (2)
         Center Stage tickets in Charlotte. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             I've only seen them on PBS and they are talented. - (a6l6e6x)

Your Spork God[tm] was HERE!
107 ms