IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You think?
What if I told you there is no documentation of the requirements? How surprised would you be?
--

Drew
New Not surprised at all.
Which means that those complaining about using Inserts instead of the not-at-all-documented stored procedures kind of don't have all that much to complain about! :-D Though I'd be surprised if they were to take that to heart.

Wade.
     Are stored procs "hiding functionality"? - (drook) - (23)
         wag, the same as a shared library, you dont know where it came from -NT - (boxley)
         Interesting question. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Better to manage that sort of problem through services - (malraux)
         Depends on how they're managed. - (malraux) - (10)
             And don't forget about sp's providing better performance on the database. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                 That depends - (malraux) - (8)
                     For OLTP applications, I disagree, with MS Sql Server anyway. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                         Performance is the least of my concerns at this point - (drook) - (1)
                             Until it isn't any more. :-) - (malraux)
                         Performance != throughput - (malraux) - (4)
                             Interesting - (drook) - (2)
                                 I've looked at DB scale out, though not recently. - (static)
                                 Eventually the amount of work exceeds the capacity of a single machine to do it - (malraux)
                             sure, lets take the speed out of the cpu and replace it in multiple small connected units, :-) -NT - (boxley)
         Implementation detail, someone else's problem. - (pwhysall)
         Who is responsible for what? - (crazy) - (5)
             I'm coming down on the side of your data integrity comment - (drook) - (4)
                 Sounds like a management problem. - (static) - (2)
                     You think? - (drook) - (1)
                         Not surprised at all. - (static)
                 Someone's going to be writing something that deals with integrity. - (malraux)
         Re: Are stored procs "hiding functionality"? - (mvitale) - (1)
             I used utPLSQL in a former life. - (malraux)

CRC error. Reload.
97 ms