IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Need to run subst before all the services start
Any idea how to do this? I need some kind of autoexec.bat that will execute 2 subst (which is a win32 program, so autoexec.nt will not work) commands. This is on NT 4.0 Server.

One thought I had was using the SC command. It is not well documented. One of the interesting options is " start= <boot|system|auto|demand|disabled|error>".
What do the "boot" and "system" options do?

I also found AUTOEXNT, but it has the same problem as SC, since this is a service.

I HAVE to do this *before* all the oracle services (I have over 12 active oracle services, so I don't want to have to go through them all and have them set up to depend on this service to do the subst commands). A lot of them have no dependencies. Even if I mucked with the dependencies, it would be a maintenance nightmare. Any oracle services that get added in the future would need to be tweaked.

So I am hoping I can use the boot or system option, but I need to know what they do first to know which, if either, is appropriate. Or if there is another approach, like the win9x Run* keys in the registry or some other trick to run something before the services kick off...
-Don
New you are wanting to use subst
is that the old substitute command which remaps drives?
thanx,
bill
Our bureaucracy and our laws have turned the world into a clean, safe work camp. We are raising a nation of slaves.
Chuck Palahniuk
New Yes, on NT
This command is very stable on NT, and I need to map to a local drive.
e.g. E: -> D:\\
This is the most effecient way to do it.
This is not the same old DOS command which didn't work as well.
Anyway, I'm looking for a solution to run commands before services kick off.
Any ideas, anyone?

-Don
     Need to run subst before all the services start - (Don) - (2)
         you are wanting to use subst - (boxley) - (1)
             Yes, on NT - (Don)

(It's only a model...) SHHHH!
43 ms